Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CAPTIVA LT VCDI 2.2 D AWD, 2012 AVEO LT VCDI 1.3 D T300 (70KW 95HP LSF) FWD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lifted the following from Chevrolet's UK website "https://gmk.chevrolet.co.uk/owners/"

New Chevrolet car sales have ceased

New car sales to cease 31 December 2015
Chevrolet is ceasing its new car business in Europe. Chevrolet UK Limited is expecting to cease the sale of new Chevrolet vehicles on 31 December 2015.
As a Chevrolet customer you may rest assured that Chevrolet UK Limited and the Chevrolet brand is committed to serving you and your vehicle in the future. Chevrolet remaining dealers (until 31st December 2015) and Chevrolet authorised repairers will continue to provide service and supply Chevrolet original parts for Chevrolet vehicles in the same manner as today. Any express written warranty or service plans on Chevrolet vehicles remain unchanged and will be fully honoured in accordance with the terms of the applicable agreement.
About 2,000 Chevrolet service points will continue to operate in Western and Central Europe to provide you with the service, repair and warranty work that your car might need in the future. In UK there are 90 dealers and authorised repairers available to serve you. You can find their addresses here.
Should you need additional support, please call our customer hotline: 0800 06 06 06.

Please bear in mind that the above is largely a work of fiction. The list of addresses of the 90 UK dealers does not exist: well it certainly isn't "here" as stated.

The customer service hotline is Vauxhall's and based in France so brush up on your French, some of their agents are very fluent in English but some are very accented and that can lead to misunderstandings.

Good luck, so far I have got nowhere.

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
I admire your tenacity. As you say, the effectiveness of this 'parts undertaking' in the UK fell apart fairly soon after Vauxhall (who had 'sister' built models & parts and the natural providers of parts) were taken over by PSA Group in 2017 and the allegiance to Chevrolet quickly evaporated.
The phone number you've given may be useful but the lack of physical parts remains the nightmare.

·
Registered
2011 CAPTIVA LT VCDI 2.2 D AWD, 2012 AVEO LT VCDI 1.3 D T300 (70KW 95HP LSF) FWD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Aussie Ed. Whilst it's deplorable that parts are difficult to source it is even more galling that their website peddles lies. Folks with Chevrolets or thinking of buying one should have the truth so that they can make an informed decision. Their website should say there is no support other than that they are legally bound to provide through any warranties/contracts given. Hopefully many folks will call that helpline and at least be a small thorn in their side. Sadly I don't expect that it will change anything. Chevrolet in Europe is going to get a reputation similar to that of Lada, old Skoda and Datsun albeit for different reasons. Funnily enough it's probably easier to get spares for those defunct marques than Chevrolets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts