Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team and drivers determined to finish the eight-year journey on a highFollowing a strategic review of Chevrolet's motorsport and marketing programs, Chevrolet will leave the World Touring Car Championship at the end of the 2012 season. The eight-year program has so far resulted in two Drivers' and Constructors' Championships (2010-2011) and 59 race wins for Chevrolet. For three consecutive years, Chevrolet's racing team has proven the on-track abilities of the Cruze, the brand's best-selling nameplate, against major contenders in motorsports.This announcement is being made mid season to allow Chevrolet's race drivers and race partner RML to plan for the future. The Chevrolet WTCC Team currently leads both Championships and is aiming to finish on a high by adding two more World Titles to its achievements in the series. Chevrolet will continue to be present in global motorsports with its many other race series, including IndyCar and GT racing.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess is their massive new indycar engine programme and a lack of any real competition are to blame...

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So in essesnce, because their PR isn't working, they cut their PR...
Is David Cameron in charge of Chevy too?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hehe 8year programme for them in WTCC and alot spent over the years im sure they will come back to racing at some point, my view is it was down to GM europe losses and money saved from not racing will go on advertising, can see what you mean but how much did we see chevy market the racing in the UK hardly at all the brand is growing they got 8years world coverage out it job done Edited by: Chevy_FansUK

·
Registered
380 Posts
You really mean that Chevrolet spent all that money, did not increase sales enough after all that money, now want to spend it on direct advertising, and are reduced to reducing their prices as usual. The discounts available mean that anyone who uses an internet site will save himself £0000s by not staying local. Dealers howling because some are paying more for their cars than some are selling them for!And still like the Epica!, sadly cruze with no space for spare does not interest me, Aveo too underpowered, captiva not for me, NO malibu, so sadly looking elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts