Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,986 Posts
Yoavdude, Trim removal is like a mystery tour. There are 'fixings/clips' all over the place, many of which are designed to be pretty much 'one way' !
It is almost inevitable that you will probably break/snap some lugs off. On things like door trim look for 'hidden' screws under cover caps.
Importantly - purchase a set of trim removal tools these may assist with leverage. Do not use a screwdriver to 'lever' as this will damage the surrounding trim edges.
Excuse me saying but the vehicle looks pretty scruffy and sections/panels removed will need thorough cleaning before any application. The slightest speck of dust/dirt under the film will look like a mountain! By the way, a gloss film will show every blemish, were as a matt film is much more forgiving to the eye. (Gloss film will also introduce 'glare' inside the cabin which is not good). Before and after photographs would be welcomed.

As a new member I've attached the following link which has some helpful Forum information. When you have a chance, go back to your Sign-Up and complete the World location and your Vehicle details in the designated sections which you left 'blank'.

·
Super Moderator
7,986 Posts
Metro.
"Ed, next time you are out, have a look at the dash in a Peugeot 207. Around the centre info screen is a thick silver banded trim piece, that under all conditions projects a huge halo onto the screen. I used to regularly drive them as loaners, and it would drive me crazy."

Agree with you.
I once had a vehicle (cant remember which make/model) but the side dash air vents had 'chrome' trim. This would reflect into the side windows and be very distracting when using the side mirrors. I solved this by cutting thin strips of black electrical tape and applied onto the chrome trim. Problem solved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts