Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is pete and ive just joined as i require a bit of help. I have a tacuma CDX 2.0 L on a 07 plate and it has started showing the engine mal light then the auto transaxle jumps on gear shift when the engine is warm. I have took it to a local garage where they have checked the code and it shows tranaxle fault but they could not find an issue with it because the engine was cold. After 20 mins of picking the car up the light came back on and the gear "jump" was back again. This only happens in reverse to forward selection or vice versa, no other sounds or problems are visible and there are no leaks.

I am just wondering what to do as this car requires a service and would any other factors affect this problem. I am going to reset the mal again but dont want to keep doing this. Does this model have a sealed gearbox or will it need new transxale oil. I dont really want to take this to a main dealer or gearbox specilist as of the cost...

Any help or ideas will do

cheers

pete

·
Registered
997 Posts
My advice- trade it in quick!

·
Super Moderator
6,624 Posts
Andy, Dont expect an answer from Pete because he may not be reading this forum now.He sold the vehicle almost six years ago!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts