Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and need a little advice! I have a 2013 Trax and the motor blower won't work, I have tracked it down to the resistor under the passenger seat, it has melted its self into the female connector< I've had no look in finding a replacement for either part, has anyone had this happen to them, if so how did you get the parts replaced?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Attached photos of resistor.
Keith

Grey Rectangle Font Gas Jewellery

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Babs, You dont say where you have searched, but parts under the Chevrolet brand name are difficult to locate since Chevrolet withdrew from the UK market.
However....... the Trax and the Vauxhall Mokka are 'sister vehicles ' simply in a slightly different body shell. So your answer is try Vauxhall dealers.

The following link has helpful information for new Forum users on how the get the best from the Forum including completing your Sign-Up where you left your World location blank (the system believes you to in UK) , and also completing full vehicle data section.

Good Luck in obtaining the required part(s).

·
Registered
2014/15, Chevrolet Trax LT, 1.4 Gas
3 Posts
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and need a little advice! I have a 2013 Trax and the motor blower won't work, I have tracked it down to the resistor under the passenger seat, it has melted its self into the female connector< I've had no look in finding a replacement for either part, has anyone had this happen to them, if so how did you get the parts replaced?

Keith

View attachment 2105
I from the UK with an Trax LT exactly the same problem you have to renew your cable harness but make sure you heater fan is rotating because I was told if its jammed then it will cause an overheatingt in the cable harness if the fan is OK then just replace and you should be good to go. since you have the same resistor could you please try and find out the correct cable harness part number as GM dont operate in the UK anymore or very little help thanks in advance.

Vernon

·
Registered
2014/15, Chevrolet Trax LT, 1.4 Gas
3 Posts
Hi All,

Keith

View attachment 2105
Mine is the same problem it was a bodged job there should be a connector but it was basically hot wired so I need to know the correct connector and wire harness for this type of resistor can anyone help pleassse as its getting cold in the UK. and I need the heat LOL.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
BigV, For meaningful replies do ensure that you complete your Sign-Up World location (believed by the Forum System and your posted content to be UK)
Additionally your full vehicle details ie Model year, variant etc.
Both these two sections are part of the Sign-Up process which somehow you've overlooked and left blank.
Helpful guidance for new Forum users can be read here :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Put in the info you required Ed
Big V , Nice quick response. Well done. It helps all readers and avoids you having to repeat the info every post .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts