Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the "Old Days" as a JEEP driver I used to wave to other JEEP drivers and they used to wave back, least I think that was what they were doing, I was always wondering why so manyJeep drivers seemed to be missing fingers.Now as a Chevrolet Captiva owner and feeling a bit lonely as there aren't too many round here, Ihave started waving to other Chevrolet drivers that I come across on my travels. I give a wave this morning to a lady driving aCaptiva and she smiled back, at leastI think that's what it was. Anyway I like to see other Chevrolets on the road I don't feel so lonely when I see another one.
I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not. Does anybody have any thoughts on it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi MrX I'm in the Benfleet area is that any where near you? What Chevrolet do you drive?Edited by: Brian

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brian,I'm just down the road from you in Wickford. Captiva LTX, 58 plate. Had it a month now. So far so good and really pleased with it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi MrX, I saw a Captiva this morning about 11:30amheading towards Wickford on The Eastmayne, I had just come outby The Watermill and was heading towards Pitsea. I waved but I dont think I was seen. Was it you by any chance?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Brian, no I was in the Toys R Us car park at that time.
Cant believe they didnt wave back!!!

Mine's silver by the way.

Tell you what, if you go over Barleylands on a Sunday morning when the football is on there are loads of them. Couldnt believe it when I was there the other day. Counted 7 not including my own.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7? that's amazing, I don't think I have seen 7 in total. Mine came from Toomey's. Where did you get yours?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gave a Captiva a wave at Sadlers Farm roundabout yesterday (Saturday) about midday. It washeading down the A130 towards the A127. They do look good on the move.
Didn't get a wave back though

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brian that could have almost been me!But I was coming down A130 from Chelmsfordheading to A127 at that time!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AHA! There are more of us about than I thought!!!!!! I have just noticed, as well, how many Chevrolets there are on the tele.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i passed a capty on the m56 last night at 6ish, it then caught me up and overtook me...
then slowed back to the speed it was doingwhen i overtook it!,

so i overtook it again.!!!

was it anyone on here!!!?

or was it someone who wanted to see what there captiva looked like doing 80mph!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I parked beside a Black Captiva LT outside of Argos at Rayleigh Weir today at about 14:30 hrs. I sat in the car while my wife went to shop, I thoughtthe owner might have come along whileI waited but my wifeseemed to be quicker than normal and we left without seeing any one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see what you mean,back in the past i use to build minis and we all use to wave as we passed
eachother,i have to old GPZ i rebuilt and i get waves from that many it gets mad,havent had any

on my old camaro yet,but havent seen one round here in chester.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw a Captiva coming towards me yesterday,I flashed my headlightsand a gave a good heartywave........and the driver looked straight through me and passed by.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts