Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Captiva diesel Ltz, 2010
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a captiva diesel ltz, 2010. Its developed a problem with the signal from the rear driver side abs sensor. The sensor has been replaced, and still showing the abs and 4wd warning lights on the dash. Can anyone recommend a good garage or electrocian to investigate? Thanks so much 馃榾

Registered
Member A-man posted about this problem on his 2007 Captiva saying:

I had this problem on my Captiva, right rear sensor was replaced fault code still remained. Turned out to be the ABS sensor harness. The harness from the rear sensors a y shaped cable, follow the cable from grey connector, until you reach the black connector at combines each wheel.

From where are you measuring, on the grey connector at the wheel or somewhere else? If you measure ohms resistance on the black connector you should have the same value on right as left. With some luck you just need to disconnect the black connector and reseat it a couple of times, spray something on can also do the trick.

REAR AXLE SPEED SENSOR HARNESS, IDENT JB
VAUXHALL PART NUMBER: 25956848, 96625961
OPEL PART NUMBER: 48 14 365, 48 03 636

SUITS:
TO FIT: CHEVROLET CAPTIVA
YEARS: 2007 - 2010
ENGINES: N/A
PLEASE EMAIL US YOUR CHASSIS NUMBER AND WE CAN CHECK SUITABILITY
Abs sensor

Super Moderator
Cheesy, Member Victor has steered you to one of many posts on ABS woes.
To answer your question you can try virtually any Vauxhall dealer because the Captiva and Antara share the same mechanicals simply in a different body shell.
You havent completed your Sign-Up location other than mentioning Suffolk. I used to use Drive Vauxhall in Bury St Edmunds.
What is well recognised is that it is often simply corrosion of the pins & socket and not the sensor at fault at all. Almost any good mechanic aught to be able to resolve this without paying for main dealer rates.

As a new member I've attached the following link which will provide you with guidance on completing your Sign-Up as well as how to use the Forum Search function where you can read up on previous discussions. Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Registered
Captiva diesel Ltz, 2010
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both, and apologies for my ignorance about use of the board. I'll sign up properly and access the appropriate thread. Your suggestions are really useful and appreciated. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts