Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. Im trying to get a handfree kit installed in my Chevy Cruze. The problem is that it requires a different lead if it has an amplifier. I have the upgraded unit with the GPS and apperently enhanced Stereo. I have been through the manual and contacted Chevy to see if my stereo has an amp but I have yet to find out. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have the Parrot installed on my car after a whole lot of trouble. Even Chevt didnt know if my audio system was made by a Korean manufactuer or Blaupunkt. So anyway, long story short. You need the same lead that they use for the insignia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi I would like to change my factory head unit and would like to know is there a way to control the system and the vehicle settings from an aftermarket head unit like alpine or pioneer and if it is possible what kind of adapters do i need

·
Registered
997 Posts
Pantara said:
I need some help. Im trying to get a handfree kit installed in my Chevy Cruze. The problem is that it requires a different lead if it has an amplifier. I have the upgraded unit with the GPS and apperently enhanced Stereo. I have been through the manual and contacted Chevy to see if my stereo has an amp but I have yet to find out. Can anyone help?
I fitted a handsfree kit to my Captiva using this lead. I have the LTX version with the 6 cd changer which does not have a seperate amp stereo, and as far as I am led to believe, none of the UK spec Chevy's do. The lead you need for a parrot is an autoleads SOT-924. If it's a THB Bury or Nokia Kit, you need the 06-924 which is similar, but has additional wiring andneeds an adaptor depending on the kit to connect to the phone kit. Try Sextons direct on Google, they were very helpful when I contacted them.

Iain

·
Registered
997 Posts
senna223 said:
It certainly doesnt have an external amp - I had a nokia kit blue tooth kit fitted to mine no problems/
It would appear that some do! I've had some access to the Chevy Europe TIS and if you do have an amp, it's in the boot behind the right hand tim panel as you look from the back of the car. It you want to PM me I may be able to help further. Incidentally,. the last post should have said i was talking about autoleads addaptors. They do one for a chevy with an amp, but not sure if it's foir the cruze.

Iain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts