Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one. Will fit it monday and let you know my thoughts on power and economy. 2 year warranty £89 so worth a try...30 day money back if not satisfied

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry been off here for a while. Missis drives it 99%. I put it to number 5 (out of 8 being max). She noticed straight away it picked up better, was smoother?? (well thats what she said) and had more pull.I'll see if I can notch it up another number w/out throwing it into limp and will try myself.

Not seen any extra smoke, took 10 mins to fit although you have to get the engine cover off.

Fuel consumption hasnt changed. Computer was at 30.6 now showing 31 since last refill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very interesting, thanks for letting us know!
I'm thinking of getting mine Super chipped, as my mpg is only 29.2, and has gone down to 28.7 with the air con on!!
Not good!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't want sound like a Maiden Aunt, here - but if you chip any car and fail to inform your insurers your cover will be invalid.

If you do inform them, your premium will probably ascend into the stratosphere.

I was talking to a loss assessor, and apparently one of the first things they do these days is plug their laptop into the diagnostic socket and see if the ECU parameters have been altered. If they have, then there's trouble at t' mill...

The plug in kits would probably be undetectable - *if* you were able to remove it before the assessor got his hands on the car.

So, if you have a bump and are injured - insist that the ambulance crew allow you to ferret under the bonnet before whisking you off to hospital...

Edited by: Captivabits

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for heads up. Know its easily removable but guess there is a risk. ive fitted far more extreme on sports cars so not too worried

1 - 7 of 7 Posts