Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

First post on here, so best start off saying hello and thanks for having me 

I have a 2.0 vcdi Manual Captiva from late 2007.

Its running great, but recently i noticed that everytime i turn my steering wheel left and slowly release the clutch to start the car moving, i feel a little clicking sensation on the steering wheel and even on the clutch pedal itself.  

I get the exact same clicking sensation when i turn the steering wheel all the way left or right whilst stopped.

Any ideas what this may be?

Hope its nothing really bad and easy to solve.  Also hope its nothing extremely dangerous.

many thanks, 

D
Edited by: de049

·
Registered
380 Posts
if the noise is when you are starting to move or movingwith steering turned check the cvj's on the front wheels, split gaiters or lack of lubrication,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I experienced this exact problem a few months ago and it has now been sorted under warranty.
At first the Dealer replaced a steering column bush, however, this did not cure the problem. It went back in a week later and the car subsequently required a new steering column assembly. Once fitted, the clicking sensation on the steering wheel and on the clutch pedal disappeared.

·
Registered
214 Posts

I have the exact same issue now with my '08 LTX. N77 NJD, you mentioned that they replaced the steering colum. Forgive me but would that be the same as the steering rack?

I have had a knocking sound (not related to the clicking/virbration when turning the wheel) when going over bumps.

At first they replaced the bushes, however there is still play it the assembly and they are now going to replace the rack.

I'm guessing that the column and the rack are two different things????

My warranty is up in April and I'm keen to get this clicking/vibration thing sorted.
Edited by: Black smoke

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Black smoke,

I am not sure about the steering rack -all I was told was that the 'steering column assembly' was replaced.

You should definitely get this sorted before your warranty runs out, as I know it is very annoying.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Rack and colum are different parts the colum is what your steering wheel is bolted to and the rack runs across the car from wheel to wheel . The clicking from clutch ? That ourt be caused by the clutch pedal assembly and colum being very close or touching ! Also as someone mentioned before the C V joints will cause a clicking noise if they gone or if the gatters are split letting lube out and crud in

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi I have the same
sound, clicking sensation every time i turn my steering wheel left and slowly
release the clutch to start the car moving, a little clicking sensation on the
steering wheel and even on the clutch pedal itself. I have the clicking only on left. Went to the Chevrolet
dealer they heard the sound when the car was parked and turning the steering weel, but after the service,
they returned to me and say that they checked everything and that everything is
OK. Reading reviews up I am sure that I have the same problem and that warranty
repair should be done to my Captiva. So I am going again to the dealer ( sheet)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Captiva LS manual 2.0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts