Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me/
e have a 55 plate Lacetti & the digital clock keeps loosing time once the ignition is off.When on and running it keeps time perfectly.It appears to be worse after the side lights have been on then turned off.i suspect a loose or dodgy connection but i need to know how to remove the clock unit from the dashboard top without damaging it or the dash.There doesn't appear to be any screws so assume it clips in somehow?

Anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. The Clock surround un-snaps from the top of the dashboard, but usually with the loss of two or more of the metal clips somewhere down the back!! The permanent hot feed to the clock is the orange wire fed from fuse 22 of the interior fuse block. In my case this feed is still live so the problem must be within the clock module itself. As this is otherwise useless I shall be tinkering with said module. If I can find a fix I will let you Know, and try to get ref for the lost trim clips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have cured the problem. there is a PCB track on the lower part of the clock PCB where the case moulding snaps on. the moulding has cut this piece of track. I have soldered a wire from The hot live to the upstream diode and the clock keeps time perfectly! I have a photo of this fix but as I am an old B(fool) I'm not able to post this. maybe someone can help me with the latter!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts