Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, first post.

Had my Trax for 7 months, 1.7 TDI AWD.
Recently had the cam belt and brakes replaced, but when I'd it in for its MOT the other week, the garage said when the clutch is depressed to half way, they could feel a vibration through the pedal and said the Flywheel might be on its way out.
A bit like when I shoped around for the cam belt change, garages seem reluctant to take the job on, most have never heared of the Trax, and i can't get a single quote on Who can fix my car .com, but if I say it's a Vauxhall Mokka, I get dozens.
So the question is, is it the same as a Mokka, I. E. parts and fitting, or is it something different.
Can't seem to find much on the Web, so any advice would be appreciated, before I decied if I should move the car on?

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
Hi all, first post.

Had my Trax for 7 months, 1.7 TDI AWD.
Recently had the cam belt and brakes replaced, but when I'd it in for its MOT the other week, the garage said when the clutch is depressed to half way, they could feel a vibration through the pedal and said the Flywheel might be on its way out.
A bit like when I shopped around for the cam belt change, garages seem reluctant to take the job on, most have never heard of the Trax, and i can't get a single quote on Who can fix my car .com, but if I say it's a Vauxhall Mokka, I get dozens.
So the question is, is it the same as a Mokka, I. E. parts and fitting, or is it something different.
Can't seem to find much on the Web, so any advice would be appreciated, before I decide if I should move the car on?

Chevrolet provide an online listing of where Service agents are. I would have advised you where your nearest one is but you didnt complete your 'Location' in your Sign-Up (you left it blank) so I cant do so.

On the basis that you might be in the UK then the following link will assist:-
https://gmk.chevrolet.co.uk/contact/locate-a-dealer.html

Depending where you are in the World (this is a Worldwide Forum) you can lookup the detail for where ever you are.

The Trax is built on the Gamma II platform which is shared by the Opel/Vauxhall Mokka.

Always helpful when posting to give year / mileage of vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ausie Ed,

Yes I am in the UK, Merseyside to be exact.
The Trax has done just over 100,000 miles and is a 63 plate.

I wasn't sure I would get a reply at all if I'm honest, well from the response I get when I call garages, most have never heard of the Trax.

The only place I had any joy was Vuaxhall in Bootle, I think they didn't really want to do the job, hence a £1600 estimate.
That's a bit step, considering I had a £500 quote when I said I had a Mokka.

Really like the car, but I think I'm wondering if I did the right thing when I purchased it?

Carl..

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
Carlos,

Whether the reason for 'dual pricing' is due to total ignorance of the model association or difference in parts pricing (or both) I really cant say. This variation of 'enthusiasm' between various Vauxhall dealers is widely reported.
For a 63 plate your vehicle has certainly has high'ish mileage.
Whether you decide to keep the vehicle and take the costs of repair as part of the expectations of such a high mileage vehicle is very much a decision you have to make.

Your location should be added to your Data Profile. Go to Tools>Quicklinks>Edit Your Details (Location).

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
Carlos,

I've Personal Messaged you. Please lookout for Incoming in your message folder.

Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Aussie Ed,

I've been looking at parts on the Web, a local mechanic says he will fit new parts and charge labour for around £350, but he wants me to supply the parts. As he was quoted over a grand from Lookers Bootle for them.
I've been looking on the Web and all the bits say compatible with a variety of motors including the Trax and Mokka.
So I might explore this avenue first before I move the car on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts