Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pedal 'snapped' in Feb this year, after a short wait, I managed to find a replacement from a local scrapyard. I was driving happi;ly on the new pedal for 2 months when it snapped again! My mechanic thinks that the clutch itself may be 'stiff' causing the pedals to fail.

I have been searching high and low for a replacement pedal (or prefrably entire pedal box) but to no avail. Can anyone here help me a) locate a pedal and b) advise whether the clutch itself may be the culprit?

Any help greatflly recievd

·
Registered
101 Posts
What year and version of the spark do you have?
As depending on the type the earlier version based off the Matiz (M200) the clutch pedel is a seperate unit. While the later Spark the clutch pedal is only shown as a complete pedal box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What year and version of the spark do you have?
As depending on the type the earlier version based off the Matiz (M200) the clutch pedel is a seperate unit. While the later Spark the clutch pedal is only shown as a complete pedal box.
I have a 2010 Spark LS 1.0l, I believe it needs the entire pedal box. I do know that it's a cable clutch not the hydrolic version (which I've been told was from 2013 onwards).

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,992 Posts
A good example of using the Forum Search function for similar links.
Gerry, the Spark has had various 'generation' builds ie M100, M200 etc covering various year productions. I have no idea whether the different years involved pedal variations but for Forum members to provide reasonably accurate help. please advise what year is your model ??
Helpful tips for new forum users on the following link:-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A good example of using the Forum Search function for similar links.
Gerry, the Spark has had various 'generation' builds ie M100, M200 etc covering various year productions. I have no idea whether the different years involved pedal variations but for Forum members to provide reasonably accurate help. please advise what year is your model ??
Helpful tips for new forum users on the following link:-
It's tne M300 model

·
Super Moderator
7,992 Posts
I recall that there was a post by member Scouce-Mafia about 12-18 months ago advising of a reliable provider of GM parts. Maybe tenacious searching of eBay, Amazon, and breakers yards might end up being the answer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've used GPS Genuine Parts Search and Zimpel & Franke Gruppe in the past. First is UK based the other in Germany.

95962968 listed on Zimpel & Franke site.
I tried to order a new pedal box on 26th August 2021 for my Spark. Although showing the part in stock i sent an email with the part number and my VIN to be told that the "part number was correct but unavailable" Was unable to find one used from Ebay so repaired my broken one which seems to be holding up very well for the moment. It does look like mine had been in for the recall back in 2014 or whenever it was but it was a very poor upgrade that involved a piece of metal with 1 tiny bolt through it that had snapped making the part loose and therefore ineffective which caused my pedal to snap. I will attach the pictures as the piece of metal was key to me being able to repair it for the time being. I firstly used Gorilla glue to stick the two broke bits of pedal together. I then drilled in the extra holes where i wanted to reinforce it. Ithen bolted it together before taking it apart again. I then attacked the inside of the metal bracket with a grinder to rough it up and also the pedal itself so the resin i was using would stick better. I then filled in all the holes on the pedal and filled the inside of the bracket with resin and then bolted it all together. I hope it continues to hold til i at least find a replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here in South Africa it happened to me, but the is a guy who has made a business from it by making it out of metal, so it simply replaces the clutch pedal and not the box with brake etc

·
Registered
1 Posts
My pedal 'snapped' in Feb this year, after a short wait, I managed to find a replacement from a local scrapyard. I was driving happi;ly on the new pedal for 2 months when it snapped again! My mechanic thinks that the clutch itself may be 'stiff' causing the pedals to fail.

I have been searching high and low for a replacement pedal (or prefrably entire pedal box) but to no avail. Can anyone here help me a) locate a pedal and b) advise whether the clutch itself may be the culprit?

Any help greatflly recievd

Having lost a Spark recently, I have just found a repair listing on eBay. 6months warranty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here in South Africa it happened to me, but the is a guy who has made a business from it by making it out of metal, so it simply replaces the clutch pedal and not the box with brake etc
Would be handy if he could sell them on ebay and post overseas for a fee. They are becoming more and more difficult to get from the breakers yard. I did manage to get one from a breakers but my repair is holding up very well so far so i have not fitted the replacement one yet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts