Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pedal 'snapped' in Feb this year, after a short wait, I managed to find a replacement from a local scrapyard. I was driving happi;ly on the new pedal for 2 months when it snapped again! My mechanic thinks that the clutch itself may be 'stiff' causing the pedals to fail.

I have been searching high and low for a replacement pedal (or prefrably entire pedal box) but to no avail. Can anyone here help me a) locate a pedal and b) advise whether the clutch itself may be the culprit?

Any help greatflly recievd

·
Registered
73 Posts
What year and version of the spark do you have?
As depending on the type the earlier version based off the Matiz (M200) the clutch pedel is a seperate unit. While the later Spark the clutch pedal is only shown as a complete pedal box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What year and version of the spark do you have?
As depending on the type the earlier version based off the Matiz (M200) the clutch pedel is a seperate unit. While the later Spark the clutch pedal is only shown as a complete pedal box.
I have a 2010 Spark LS 1.0l, I believe it needs the entire pedal box. I do know that it's a cable clutch not the hydrolic version (which I've been told was from 2013 onwards).

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,630 Posts
A good example of using the Forum Search function for similar links.
Gerry, the Spark has had various 'generation' builds ie M100, M200 etc covering various year productions. I have no idea whether the different years involved pedal variations but for Forum members to provide reasonably accurate help. please advise what year is your model ??
Helpful tips for new forum users on the following link:-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A good example of using the Forum Search function for similar links.
Gerry, the Spark has had various 'generation' builds ie M100, M200 etc covering various year productions. I have no idea whether the different years involved pedal variations but for Forum members to provide reasonably accurate help. please advise what year is your model ??
Helpful tips for new forum users on the following link:-
It's tne M300 model

·
Super Moderator
6,630 Posts
I recall that there was a post by member Scouce-Mafia about 12-18 months ago advising of a reliable provider of GM parts. Maybe tenacious searching of eBay, Amazon, and breakers yards might end up being the answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts