Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started to notice that the clutch pedal feels a little "gridy" near the bottom of the reach... Any ideas what that is and whether it's indicative of an upcoming failure?

Clutch engages and disengages as well as it ever has, but the little graunch is getting on my nerves now!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Hi SRP,

Out of interest, have you checked the clutch pedal itself?

I only ask because, recently, my wife had issues starting her Captiva - which involves pressing down the clutch before the key will add value. An auto-club tech had tried in vain and had inadvertently moved the pedal/its linkage to one side. When we got the car back from the garage the clutch pedal was making a clonk and had a grinding feel. I moved it back into position and now it's smooth as before.

Fingers crossed it's that easy for you?!

Jonty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jonty,

Not 100% sure what you mean with "before the key will add some value"; but yes it feels "grindy" whether engine on or off... I don't believe it's the result of any recent work.
It doesn't "clonk" - just feels "grindy" near the bottom of reach.

I have experienced something like what you describe with the throttle and idle revving too high - after some suspension work - and I finally found they'd moved the throttle cable in the engine bay - hence it was "pulling" more... Moving it back reduced the idle to normal.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Hi SRP,

Apols - my reference to the car key adding value was just reference to it actually starting the vehicle.

In hope this is just a clutch pedal thing, I'd suggest getting down into the footwell with a torch and push by hand. That way you can see and feel if it's a linkage or movement problem there, i.e. in the footwell. If not it'll be further along the system eh.

Jonty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi SRP,

I haven't run into the issue you described on a matiz but have had it on my old motorbike. It usually was and indication the control cable needed lubrication. My 800 cc does have a clutch cable and not hydraulics, but don't know if your 1.0 does. The solution for the motorbike was take the cable out make a funnel out of play dough/plastecine and hang it up with oil in, then let it drip through. You could feel the difference on the smooth movement of the cable after the treatment. Not sure if the same could be done to a matiz cable, just putting it out there for your consideration.

maybe the cable needs checking for damage which would have allowed grit to get in and cause this issue.

good luck on the hunt...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts