Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet Captiva LTZ VCDI
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 speed manual trans, At the back left, power steering, brake and then right next to brake is another one smaller, its empty looks like it's had fluid in sometime.. Clutch ? second day off ownership lol

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
From your location description sound like clutch. Your Owners Handbook has this info diagrammatically under Service & Vehicle Care section somewhere about section 6-7 .
See also Fluid Chart in Technical Section about 8-3

Note: these page locations are based on 2012 model. I dont think the Handbook changed until 2014 model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well topped up, took very little, is it normal to idle at 550rpm, just seems a tad low..

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
is it normal to idle at 550rpm, just seems a tad low..
This would usually be 750 - 800 rpm on a well serviced engine/vehicle.

Answers to this type of question can often be found via the Forum Back Index Search Function. Very useful facility.

Other tips can be found in the following link :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, update, spongey clutch, strange sound changing down from third to second, idling low rpm. Having had the car now, three whole days, I contacted the car sales where I bought it and he has told me to book it in at a local garage and not to worry it has a warranty, Booked it in for next available time, which unfortunately is next Wednesday, The mechanic said could be a number of things, clutch dragging etc etc, but not into playing guessing games, he has an existing customer with two Captiva's, he said if it's a clutch "two days and a lot of cash"

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
Sounds a wee bit worrying. Might be something simple (hope so). Might now be a case of seeing how many get out clauses there are in the Warranty ?
What sort of mileage has this vehicle got and is the Service History continuous?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has done 40,903 miles, full service history one owner, well at the moment the guy is playing nice saying not to worry. Next Wednesday we'll find out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It has done 40,903 miles, full service history one owner, well at the moment the guy is playing nice saying not to worry. Next Wednesday we'll find out.
Problem diagnosed as Flywheel, so new Flywheel, clutch and slave cylinder on the way, there was several phone calls back and forth, but the car sales I bought it from have authorised the repairs and are paying. It already came with four new tyres, new discs and pads all round, so now just waiting for parts and job done ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New flywheel, clutch and clutch slave cylinder plus tracking cost £1,379.71p

·
Registered
857 Posts
It cost £1,379.71p for the repairs? I'll bet that dealer just loves you! Hope it's all fixed now and you can start to enjoy your Captiva.

Is your idle RPM OK now?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't think dealer made much profit, yes RPM's fine now. Garage did comment it looked like it had been stripped down quite far recently then put back together. Bolts easy to undo, hoses disturbed not clipped down, battery clamp missing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts