Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone else has had or is having clutch problems. After 2000 miles of driving I've had a wobbly clutch pedal. Chevrolet saying it's a just a loose clutch pin. I hope this isn't the start of ongoing issues.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Make, model, age of car, dealer name, is the car under warranty, how long have you had it ? bought new/used.......ask any MOT service station if it will pass with the clutch pedal in that condition, askthe dealer if there is a recall, mostly replacing the pin should do the trick although if the pedal fails you will be stranded. Write to the dealer recorded delivery staing your concers and ask for a written reply, Above all stay polite and to the point. Keep a record of your dealiings with them. Good luck!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After two attempts by Chevrolet to fix the loose clutch pin, the issue hasn't been resolved. Have just taken the car in for a third time. Luckily the car is brand new and still under warranty.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on my Chevrolet cruze 1.6 LS - Chevrolet saying now ordered me a replacement clutch on the Thursday 17thFeb and will ring when it comes in.
Monday 21st Feb - Took the car back to Chevrolet for the 4th time Monday - Again Had the pin tightenedas had come loose - Had a text in the afternoon sayingthe part was in stockand to arrange appointment so did so straight away. Had a call backlater in the afternoonsaying it was the wrong part and it was for and automatic!!! - Not quite sure whats happened there as Automatics dont have clutch pedals. Im not quite sure what they are replacing.

Anyway, still waiting for the part to arrive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
sdavison said:
After two attempts by Chevrolet to fix the loose clutch pin, the issue hasn't been resolved. Have just taken the car in for a third time. Luckily the car is brand new and still under warranty.
Nice to hear that. They fix it asap without a cost. Well, when I experienced a wobbling clutch, I assume due to worn pedal bushings/sleeves and shaft. Im thinking if replacement with cheap car parts to be bought. Luckily I have done it, but its a tedious job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts