Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Cruz 1.7 Diesel, J300. Model 2012
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I change the engine oil of my Chevrolet Cruz 2012 1.7 Diesel car in April. At that time Code 82 was reset by mechanic. But now after 7000 KM i am again suffering with Code 82 even though i cant reset it and also mechanic unable to reset that code through his multiple computers.

Is that only the warning of oil change? Or something problem with the engine because engine runs normally.

·
Super Moderator
6,794 Posts
Dawood, Code 82 is the change engine oil reminder. (about page 76 of Owners Handbook). This is unlikely to be a serious issue warning. Severe warning is usually Code 84 together with Spanner symbol .
Proper GM capable diagnostic equipment would usually reset this. Make sure dealer has turned diagnostics to correct settings. Some diagnostics need to be turned to 'trucks' setting to detect GM vehicles !

As a new Forum member the following link has helpful info. Please complete your World location (left blank), the system has identified Sweden is this correct? Your vehicle info can go into your Signature Footer and it will then always appear automatically. Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts