Chevrolet Owners Club banner

Code 84 problem

16K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Aussie Ed 
#1 ·
I have a Chevrolet Orlando 2012 2ltr LTZ Auto. I have the amber engine management constantly on along with the amber spanner service light and code 84 to top it off. I consulted the garage and they told me to take the car for a motorway drive and keep the revs above 2000rpm and speed above 50mph. I have driven the car for 20 miles in 4th gear at approx 3000rpm for 1 hour and the lights did not extinguish. What should I do now?

#2 ·
Andy, Code 84 is purely a 'generic' code implying something is wrong. Only full diagnostic codes will narrow down the likely cause.
Your Garage (a GM dealer?) has presumably either assumed or established codes (not stated) that the cause is DPF related. Even once the cause is solved it is often necessary to have the Code cleared.

This Forum has had Code 84 'flogged to death' and you can read up pages and pages of discussion by using the Forums Index Search Tool.

As a Newbie you will find it helpful to read the following link which explains more about using the Forum.

I've done a direct link to assist and point you in the right direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.