Chevrolet Owners Club banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,986 Posts
Location of temperature sensor on Chevrolet orlando diesel2012.
how to fix glow plug control module feedback circuit high voltage.
Nadir,

These are two different topic questions rolled into one post under the Code 84 heading.
Are you or have you related these to Code 84 ? Code 84 is simply a generic indication that something is wrong.
What these 'somethings' might be can only be determined from detailed Diagnostic Trouble Codes. What codes do you have?

Your Sign-up is incomplete and your Location was left blank. As this is a Worldwide Forum it is helpful to know where you are? As a new Forum Member you'll find useful information on the following link :-
https://www.chevroletownersclub.co....tre/6693-helpful-suggestions-using-forum.html

If you use the Forum Index Search Function Tools>Advanced Search>question/topic>Vehicle model (ie Orlando) you will be able to read previous posts on your topics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I need help,

After DFP warning for few days (used to clear it with going to the high way, but didn't have time to do it this time), now the car is showing error code 84 with engine alarm light on and P246C fault code when I check with torque.
I have to say that the car is working fine, no problem at all, only the alarms!

I have tried so far every thing I have found on the internet but nothing works!!
1- going on the high way for 30 mins running on the 4th and rpm above 2000.
2- cleared the fault code with the OBD tool, the code disappear for 2 secs and the DFP alarm comes back and then after 2 secs the DFP disappear and the code 84 and the engine alarm is back!!
3- I removed the negative battery terminal for 10 hours !
4- disconnected all the Fuses for 30 mins

Nothing work !!! and I still have the same problem !!!
Chevrolet is not any more existing in France and all dealers have no clue !!!

Any idea ?
Same here in india
I done the same still sometime comes code 84
Can anyone tell us what is the code 84 ?

·
Super Moderator
7,986 Posts
Jackgor, You question is answered in my previous post which says :-

"Code 84 is simply a generic indication that something is wrong.
What these 'somethings' might be can only be determined from detailed Diagnostic Trouble Codes. What codes do you have? "

Code 84 is simply a 'something is wrong' warning code. What that something is has to be established by further Diagnostic Code verification and assessment of the conditions being experienced.

The Forum Search function will provide page after page of discussions on this Topic.

Help on completing your Sign-Up and tips on using the Forum can be read on this link:-

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just to let people know I had a regen and a code 84 today. The problem I was having I had to try and reset code 84 to get the car to regen properly. I also noticed that the code went out when I released my foot off the accelerator and press it back down, but this only worked for around 3 mins at a time. This was then bringing up a throttle sensor fault. I was confused to say the least.
So this is what I did.
I put wynns dpf cleaner in the tank and then bought some wynns dpf on cleaner which you take off the oxygen sensor and put the wand they give you and pushed it all the way down to the bottom to the filter I Emptied the entire contents and put everything back and left it for 15 mins as directed then started car and kept revs at 2500rpm for 5 mins , this made loads of white smoke for a few mins and then a load of black smoke.
Code 84 went out and the car revved freely dpf light still on and took it for a long drive and this got rid off all faults and complete regen.
I hope this might help someone as this kicked up a generic code.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts