Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all trax 2013 1.7lt diesel model service symbol comes on with code 89 tried clearing it through menu and it did for a day now its back when I bought the car from the car people they did an oil change had it just over a month oil was at 71 percent wen service symbol came on any one got idea`s cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
99.9% it is related to the oil and service reset. I would think the onboard system has detected degradation of the oil viscosity. Very likely the 'service people' used the cheapest possible oil.Get it drained down and the FULL GM recommended grade put in it. Then reset service setting.
Comeback and report again then if still a problem.

The only other possible, although I dont think it applies to the Trax, is a software programming problem.
There was I understand on the Aveo a software glitch bringing up code 89 but no reports I can find show this to apply to the Trax.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks got it booked in tomorrow at car people would u happen to know were the oil filter is (position)cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
I havent got a copy of the Trax handbook but I suspect the oil would be 5w-30 C3 Dexos 2 rated.Double check your Handbook maintenance specification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts