Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all code 89 came on wich means service but it had already been done.Took car to main dealer cut a long story short it turns out its the diesel filter it was black probably never been changed .they replaced it and code doesn't com eon now just thought id tell everyone in case it happens to u cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
For helpful info tell us which year and how many miles? Wasnt the fuel filter change part of the service programme if so did it block before reaching the recommended mileage or had they failed to change it when they should have done previously?

Helpful tip: if you put your vehicle model/variant/year etc in your 'footer' (signature box on set up page) this info will then automatically appear under your posts and all readers will be able to identify.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trax 1.7diesel 2014 24,500 I only had this car for past 3 months service stamps don't specify what they do interim was on one that means oil and filter diesel filter should be changed every 2 years according to car manual all details are in your manual for services chers

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
Gary, as you have a 2014 model, unless you were fortunate to secure a rare 5 year warranty, the standard 3 year warranty has or is about to expire. Strongly recommend considering getting Extended Warranty cover. So easy to not get round to it and forget.

I've just had fuel filters (x2) changed on my Captiva at 25,000 miles. I didnt unfortunately see the condition of them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I took warranty out wen I bought car I could only afford 12 months with the car people then it jumps up quite a lot what do I do after that 12months any ideas thanks cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
Okay, I hope the Warranty is up to the mark and not the typical get it off the forecourt document which includes clause for 'fair wear and tear' which is a typical get out clause for virtually everything.As for renewal next year, WarrantyWise enables you to 'tailor' your cover as to what you want cover for, variable excess helps to make price competitive. You simply need to ask yourself could I find £6-8K for a new gearbox for example.
Many a tale of woe on these forums.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Code was posted 10 hours ago. Most people know the thread to look for.*Scavenger Hunt Code thread as suggested is the one to look for and put as a favourite*Hint: if the latest code is not on the list on the first page, go to the last page and check - thats where helpful people post the latest ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts