Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had the code reader on my car today. Thanks to bobbyjoeufb for the help with that. So got these codes. Any help with them please.

Trouble codes P0071-00 DTC history status : History Since DTC clear : Passed and failed Last test : Passed This ignition cycle : Passed MIL status : Not requested Ambient air temperature sensor

performance P2264-00 DTC history status : History Since DTC clear : Passed and failed Last test : Passed This ignition cycle : Passed MIL status : Not requested Water in fuel sensor circuit
Trouble codes B0091-05 DTC history status : History DTC current status : Not current MIL status : Not requested Center front impact sensor - High voltage/open

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Lofty, I'm not sure from your post what you require from Forum members when you say "Any help with them please".

All of these codes are readily accessible on the internet so have you looked these up and want further clarification or are you expecting forum members to do the button pressing research for you?

The answers on P0071 is external air sensor. B0091-05 relates to front end sensor controlling Airbag deployment. Both of these are front end located. Has the vehicle received any frontal impact or underside front impact from road debris which may have damaged these components? The alternative may be a defective earth common for these two.

P2264 is defined as 'water in fuel'. This may be recent fuel supply from contaminated refill. There could be the possibility that the wiring for this sensor may be inter-related to the same earth associated with the other two options above or a shared connector block has become disconnected or corroded.

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Lofty, I've just run a review of your previous posts and I notice that you have had two previous associated posts
(i) Outside Temp issue 19 months ago , and (ii) Airtemp Sensor 9 months ago. Doesnt it seems strange or possibly obvious to you that you have now detected an associated code P0071 (External Air Sensor).
When you reported previously at finding just wires dangling did you in fact do anything about replacing the missing sensor when you removed the front bumper ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I bought a new sensor fitted it. But the outside temp was never correct, checked cables looked fine so just lived with the wrong temp on the screen. Like today was reading 35 degrees.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I've googled the above codes but I wanted to know if any cruze owners have had the same issue. I don't expect them to do research . Finding things about this car is hard work especially the diesel model. Any way thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Lofty, As you have confirmed that you replaced the temp sensor without resolving the gauge reading, the P0071 code and the B0091-05 are both emanating from same location on the vehicle. If they share a common section of wiring loom (as I suspect they do) then the wiring/loom/connector/earth are the areas I would be double checking.
B0091-05 is important because in event of front end accident this non functioning sensor will not deploy the airbags which is a potential health/life risk. It might be prudent to have an auto-electrician check the wiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts