Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I’m having a problem with my 2013 2,2 diesel Captiva. Driven 137k KM.
I keep getting a service soon light and a reduced power light in the Dashboard. The same code always comes with it, P2263. The car drives well and has no loss in power.
I’ve replaced the boost pressure sensor and my mechanic has inspected it and tried to diagnose the cause of the warning light, without any success. They told me to just ignore it, which I’m not comfortable with.
Has anyone had a simular problem?
All ideas welcomed. Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,628 Posts
Hello all
I’m having a problem with my 2013 2,2 diesel Captiva. Driven 137k KM.
I keep getting a service soon light and a reduced power light in the Dashboard. The same code always comes with it, P2263. The car drives well and has no loss in power.
I’ve replaced the boost pressure sensor and my mechanic has inspected it and tried to diagnose the cause of the warning light, without any success. They told me to just ignore it, which I’m not comfortable with.
Has anyone had a simular problem?
All ideas welcomed. Many thanks.
Fusi, Turbo boost pressure is regulated by Exhaust pressure. Have you had the EGR (Exhaust gas Recirculation valve) checked. Could be sticking.

Blocked DPF could be a cause.

If you want to explore previous discussions you can use the Forum Search function Tools>Advanced Search>topic (question)>Captiva.

Where in the World are you? (Sign-up incomplete). How long have you owned this vehicle?

There is a helpful section for how to use the forum is available on this link:-
https://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/forum/11-main-message-centre/6693-helpful-suggestions-using-forum.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ed
Thanks for the information and the link. I’m in the north part of Iceland. I’ve haf the car for three hests now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Fusi, maybe You should change your engine oil / take the car to service as the light is indicating. I am using Mobil ESP 5W-30 C2/C3 engine oil for diesel engines and adding 5.6 liters only. For keeping the DPF clean it needs regeneration to be completed as often as possible. I am recommending high cetane diesel ( 60 and beyond) which in my experience reduces fuel consumption and keeps the DPF clean. (?). I also recommend driven longer time outside of city limits as often as possible and to avoid 6th gear to keep the rounds near 2000rpm. Can i ask if You have Webasto in Your car?

·
Super Moderator
6,628 Posts
Hi Ed
I’ve haf the car for three hests now.
Fusi, It is unclear to me quite what 'hests' means. I've looked up and the translator says 'horse' ?
Do you mean Year or month ?

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi sorry autocorrect got the best of me there.
I’ve had the car for three years now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just drove the car across the country, about 400 km. The fault code came up twice on the way. At both times the we had been driving for some time with out stopping. Suggesting it might be á overpressure in the system.
I think it might be either the EGR or the Wastegate.

·
Super Moderator
6,628 Posts
Fusi, To my knowledge the 2.2 diesel engine doesnt have a waste gate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, I bought a 2012 Captiva 2.2 ltz automatic and after two months of ownership I started to experience issues when driving it on the motorway, lagging power and the eml on together with the spanner light. Maximum speed is around 80mph but it takes a long time to achieve this.
Went to my mechanic the errors show are p200a , p2263 and another error to do with engine underboost.
I changed the oil and all the filters also the mechanic found a faulty hose under the battery which he replaced. The car drives slightly better and around town can't even tell there is something wrong but the eml is still on and the same problem on the motorway no power to overtake or even to accelerate to 90mph.
The mechanic tried to do a dpf regeneration but after 1 minute of the test and no smoke coming out of the exhaust the test shows complete and the performance is not improved.
Can you please advise?
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry I forgot to add the mileage which is 150k and when I bought the car had to top the oil as it was critically low

·
Super Moderator
6,628 Posts
Indicators are stuck EGR valve. P200a Resolve the EGR problem and the other codes will cease (use scanner to delete)

Refer post Nov 4 2014. By Scouse Mafia

"Seen this code many times before? It's not just for a Chevrolet, but many other brands.

P200A is temperature too high in combustion air, this screws around with the swirl actuators, EGR and MAF, if EGR cannot control by warming up intake air, MAF gets confused.

Firstly, remove and clean EGR, also while off, clean what you can of the EGR port of the manifold. Do not disturb the solenoid of the EGR..
Second, disconnect the MAF and check the internal thermocouple has not split, this equals failure. If this is replaced, only buy Bosch. To check your MAF if ok or not, without removing, disconnect and go for a drive, note you will get the MiL lamp lighting up, but will reset once reconnected via EOBD2.

All of the above should be covered under warranty. If not EGR clean should be done every 3 years and quite easy to do as a novice / beginner. MAF even easier. Worst case is that the manifold is gunked up, which is a manifold off job, but you would be having DPF issues as well if that was gunked up."

Steve, Info on vehicle is best placed into your Signature/Footer which enables it to automatically carry over to every post.
The system is identifying your World location as Belgium - is this correct? You dont appear to have completed your 'Sign-Up location'.

Helpful tips for New Members on the following link:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
679 Posts
Fault code P200A is related to Intake Manifold Runner Performance.

There's a video from OZ on Youtube covering this

·
Super Moderator
6,628 Posts
Victor, Very enlightening video. Good link well worth watching.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Aussi Ed and Victor for the advice , I am based in the UK, Dorset area but I am on holiday for a few weeks, will try to sort the egr before my journey back to the UK (1500 miles to drive)
Is the egr dpf off an option to consider?
Many thanks
Steve

·
Super Moderator
6,628 Posts
Hi Steve, Previous discussions often found cleaning of the EGR valve to be a solution and I copied Scouse - Mafia post in my previous response because it is a relatively easy item to access and clean. Making sure this opens and closes smoothly will undoubtedly regulate the inlet temperatures better.
Member S-M does go on to say that worse case scenario is a gunked up manifold. That is where Victors video takes over. Removing the manifold is a much more difficult task as conveyed in the video.

Taking one step at a time I guess that cleaning the EGR valve is a sensible first step. With 150K (miles?) if it hasnt been cleaned by now then it probably needs it !
Process of elimination starting with the easiest is the route I would take.

As an aside I had my EGR cleaned at 30,000 miles as a matter of routine while the vehicle was in having other work done on the throttle body (new gasket).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello guys
Thank you for all your replies.
I am still on holiday and I was unable to find a good mechanic as I have no technical skills to take the egr and perform a clean.
I took the car to a garage and the mechanic performed a dpf regeneration when all Inasked him to do was the egr clean :( also he told me that the egr was not easy to reach and it would be better to replace the turbo 😱 .
I then booked the car to another garage and they performed a hidrogen clean which was supposed to make the egr work better, when they reset the error codes the little spanner light came on again after 5 minutes of driving and the p2263 error came back when the odb was plugged in.
Can you please tell me where the egr is located and so maybe I can point this to a mechanic.
Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,628 Posts
Steve, I think you were 'suckered' by having a forced DPF regeneration although that would now be ruled out of the equation.
Location of EGR is well documented in previous posts - including the difficulty of removing it !! The Forum Search function will find previous posts for you. I've done a quicklink for you :- Search results for query: EGR valve
Quick answer is back right of centre when looking into engine bay from the front.

Can I again remind you that it is courteous and helps forum readers if you add your vehicle details to your Signature Footer. I had to scroll to your early post to remind myself which Captiva year & variant we are talking about. By having this data in your footer (see mine below as an example) it will always automatically appear under all your posts for instant recognition by readers.
I explained how to do this in my earlier post#11 under 'Helpful Guidance using the Forum'
Remember that the Forum Search Index has over ten years worth of back reading so it is worth checking the back Index before asking because with thousands of posts on file the answer you want is probably already there to read.
Plenty of reading under the EGR link I provided above. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys
I had the egr removed and cleaned at a Vauxhall garage but the problem is still there, I can drive with the eml on but at a maximum 80 mph and no overtaking.
So far other than cleaning the egr , I had 2 dpf regenerations and had the enggine cleaned by a garage using the hydrogen cleaning method.
All the filters were changed two months ago and there was a hose under the battery which had to be replaced as it was damaged (I thought this would solve the lack of power problem)
My local mechanic said that he checked the turbo and there are no issues with this but instead might be a solenoid that needs changing.

·
Super Moderator
6,628 Posts
Which codes a re showing now you've had this work done? 'Might be a solenoid that needs replacing' - which one?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts