Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Compass on the screen doesn't show South! Is the same with all Captivas? Mentions something in the Manual about turning the car around to set it ie. turn the car round in a circle? Just points to North, West or East even when travelling South!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
It must have had the battery disconnected and not has the compass reset. You need to do the reset, or if it's under warranty, take it back and have the garage do it. To do the reset, folow the instructions in the book.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Compass is working fine now after going round in a circle off road!! Switched off the ECON Mode and the acceleration is much better and in auto/manual goes up the gears quicker whilst in ECON holds it for much longer!

Does the ECON Mode make much difference to the fuel economy? Or by going up the gears in auto also improve the mpg?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now to get the alarm light to come on and also when you press the sensor button on the roof console. Going back to the Vauxhall Garage as also never stamped the Inspection Service on it - hope it did have an inspection prior to being roadworthy as just driven over a 1,000 miles!!

Compass is working fine now but funny how the S shoots up to where it had been N! Suppose on the LTZ Model the screen is bigger so one doesn't get that!!

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Alyson13 said:
Garagealso never stamped the Inspection Service on it - hope it did have an inspection prior to being roadworthy as just driven over a 1,000 miles!!

Compass is working fine now but funny how the S shoots up to where it had been N! Suppose on the LTZ Model the screen is bigger so one doesn't get that!!

Question 1 ........ Probably not !!

Question 2 ......... Are you facing South?! You should be able to configure whether you want North as header, or direction as header. (I guess we are back to turning the map upside down on your lap while you drive!!)

Aussie Ed

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Alyson13, I've just sussed out why your compass shows South. You live in Scotland so virtually everything is South of you!

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
652 Posts
- Aussie Ed...

No it points N (with W - E) or S (with E - W)....

W & E will always be at 9 and 3 O'Clock on the screen, as the compass does not "rotate", but the "needle" will point to the direction of travel.

It is because it is a 1980's Casio like display, not a new Smart Phone Touch Screen type...

A friend of mine who has a BMW calls it "naff"..... I say its retro

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
KLR, is that RETRO standing for:-
Really Extremely Tacky Rubbishy Origin ??

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
997 Posts
Aussie Ed said:
Alyson13, I've just sussed out why your compass shows South. You live in Scotland so virtually everything is South of you!

Aussie Ed

Yep, lots of things south of us, none of them worth seeing...
especially their football team... (ducks flying object!)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yes but come south then hang a right and you'll come to the land of song, were you can see a proper sport with the correct shaped ball (oval if any doubt) played to the highest level in the Northern Hemisphere......

....ignoring the fact that Scotland managed to beat the Aussies last Tuesday, when Wales lost on Sat ..... doh :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is very true!! However, as I have the smaller screen being the LT Model so the S has to change places with the N!!

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Will someone with an LT model help this lady! I'm confused
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
652 Posts
Its the same as my 2008 LTX, and i thought id explained earlier it is correct. the needle only moves across 180° pointing at only 5 compass points. hence the points of the compass rotate (actually they swap places) so you wont see North and South on the display at the same time.

dont know how else i can word this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Aussie Ed said:
Will someone with an LT model help this lady! I'm confused
Aussie Ed
I've got an LT!

However, i've barely paid attention to the comapss since I bought the car, a bit of a pointless gizmo as far as i'm concerned.

Did have a quick gander at it a week ago when i was on my way back from Lyme Regis to Poole and it just had the three compass points on it, W, N and E. When I next travel north and then come back again i'll see what it does on the return journey. Problem for me isI don't have cause to drive due south very often because within a minute or so I end up in the sea!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts