Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A call it the "computer" display for clarity... You know the lovely GREEN Casio like one on the top of the centre console....

Anyway, my question.

Has anyone had theirs reset...

Several times recently, the Mile to Refuel setting (which I leave on as default) has reset showing --- instead of the range left in the tank.

This has happened several times, at the last time it happened it fully reset, by that I mean switched back to KM instead of Mileswhich I had set.

I was wondering if this is something others had noticed, or whether it is something I need to take up with Chevy before my Warranty runs out next Feb.

·
Registered
226 Posts
nope, no issues here...
not sure about the mpg figures given, but it works fine....

one thing it does do, is after i have refuelled the captiva, the old miles left figure shows for quite a while, before it decides to show the new range i should have!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Nope, no issues here either, other than the usual inaccuracy.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suspected that would be the case.... Just me then.

One more thing to add to the list before Warranty runs out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Only time it's happened to mine is when it went in last week for a Sat Nav upgrade. Being an old person I like my settings in Imperial, Miles, Farenheit, Gallons. After the upgrade theywere Kilometres, Centigrade, Litres. Soon changed them back though.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have sat nav in my LTX, in the glove box that is......

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting... I thought the Sat Nav was only on the LTZ, mind you suppose it could have been an option.

Interested that the dashboard (speedo and Rev counter) is totally different.

What ages are yours... Mine is an LTX model, Feb 2008 (57 Plate).

(Tried to attach a photo.... but cant get it to work.)

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's a December 2009 registered on a 59 plate. It will be a year old on the 15th of December. It was registered to Chevrolet. It also has a set of Irmscher springs and sits a bit lower than normal. When I first went to inspect it in the workshop the first thing I noticed was the screen and as I also thought that they were only available on the LTZ I had to go and look at the badge on the back lol. then I noticed the different dash but it wasn't until I took it for a drive that I realised it had the rear view camera as well.

·
Registered
226 Posts
it sounds to me , that your captiva was a special, that they put all the goodies on, maybe for an exhibition or something!!.

·
Registered
226 Posts
youtre not missing much!!..
my partner has electric seats on her car, they take ages to move forward, and backwards!!!

they are a gimmick i can live without..

all i need are..

central locking, electric windows, air con, and 4wd...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Jag used to have electric seats... I like them. Mind you they where memory seats. When I got in, it would put the seat to exactly my driving position, as well as adjusting the door mirrors and steering wheel height, and rake postion for me.And when Istoped the car and opened the door to get out, theseatwould go back and thewheel move inso that it was easy to get in and out.Sounds like a luxory, but I miss that. It was so much easier when other drivers (my wife) used the car, as it remembered her settings and mine... I miss that Jag, mind you dont miss the fuel bills.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had them in the Jeep that I had a few years back when I was a slim young chap. I took it in to get something fixed. The fitter unfortunately was twice my size and when he got in the seat started to squash him up against the steering wheel. I loved the look of panic in his eyes lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
K.L.Richards said:
A call it the "computer" display for clarity... You know the lovely GREEN Casio like one on the top of the centre console....

Anyway, my question.

Has anyone had theirs reset...

Several times recently, the Mile to Refuel setting (which I leave on as default) has reset showing --- instead of the range left in the tank.

This has happened several times, at the last time it happened it fully reset, by that I mean switched back to KM instead of Mileswhich I had set.

I was wondering if this is something others had noticed, or whether it is something I need to take up with Chevy before my Warranty runs out next Feb.

did you manage to get to the bottom of this ?
I've got a new Captiva and I've just filled it up for the second time and the "miles to refuel" does not appear to have reset. I then tried to reset and realised also that it can't be changed from miles to kilometers as stated in the owners manual. It's not that I want to change it from miles to km, but the fact that it won't work as per the manual and the "miles to refuel" has not reset seems to suggest that there's a fault.

Apart from that very minor point, really pleased with the car.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Sydney, sorry for the delay is reply, not been online (on purpose) over the Christmas break.

Short answer, is no I havent sorted this as yet, but the car goes in to the dealer tomorrow for soem "warranty" work. I mentioned this to the dealer on the phone, and they knew something about the screens reseting. They where going to dig something out for me. Will update you (all) when I have more details.

·
Registered
30 Posts
K.L.Richards said:
Hi Sydney, sorry for the delay is reply, not been online (on purpose) over the Christmas break.

Short answer, is no I havent sorted this as yet, but the car goes in to the dealer tomorrow for soem "warranty" work. I mentioned this to the dealer on the phone, and they knew something about the screens reseting. They where going to dig something out for me. Will update you (all) when I have more details.

thanks for the response- seems like a common issue from other posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts