Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else got the same query regarding which coolant you can use in your new chevrolet without invalidating the warranty? I expect that for the sports or high performance models there will be differences but is that the case between everyday runaboutsmall engine petrol chevys in the uk?

Looking at the owners manual it is very vague about what coolant you can use (although it is quite specific when it comes to the oil). The only info is to useOAT (organic acid type) LLC (long life coolant)but it then says that using coolants with corrosion prevention addiditives or other added enhancers will invalidate the warranty. Looking about at halfords reveals that all their OAT coolants contain additives so where to start?I have left a messagewith the dealers service advisory team but they have not yet called me back.

I have a New Aveo LT but didnt post this question in the aveo area is im hoping its a general answer that other owners may be able to help with.ed it in the AVEO area as im hoping.

Many thanks for any help!

·
Registered
380 Posts
E-mail or call Bazza at cresser, [email protected] and barry will sell you some,(you can order ande-mail a collect+ parcel delivery label online)i assume you are not in a hurry, but the epica, which will be 3 in july has the coolant liquid looking like new! Alternative, go to your dealer and buy a 1 litre bottle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice all, picked up the dex cool stuff from a dealer and it was cheaper than the stuff in halfords, just over four quid for a litre of concentrate which you mix to fiftyfifty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts