Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an LTZ, but I can't seem to get the glove box to cool down, does the LTZ have the cooled glove box? inside to the right there is a small hole that says "open" and "close" on it but there is no switch to open or close. (see pic)
you can just make out on the top where it says open and close

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine has another bit below, a gnarled ring with an excentric hole in it, so that when it is turned it opens the glovebox to the hole in your pic or closes it and prevents the a/c air getting in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, does the setting for it to blow in the glove box have to be on a certain position i.e. floor vent, face or windscreen. Ive tried all settings but cant feel any air blowing in the glove box at all.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Dunno, never needed it,I live in Scotland!

·
Registered
153 Posts
My LTZ has a hole in the glovebox similar to Chindleys. I assume they stopped providing a chiller for the glovebox when the model changed from being a LTX to a LTZ.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Tried it today and it does provide an icy blast when open !

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am the same as Chindley ie no cooling knob, and my car is a March 2010 LTZ . All the specs say I should have a cooled glove box, but I aint got one!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just checked mine which is a 10 plate LTZ and same applies, I reckon that they carried out a value engineering exercise for the LTZ launch and the cool box got the chop to reduce the cost along with the 6 cd changer, never had one before so what you have never had you never miss, would have been nice though.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mine is a 2008 LTX and the same as BigIain's, not that I've used it. But could be nice in the summer to keep a drink cool on long journeys.

If it is in the spec though, I would check with the dealer's, if you are still under Warranty. How can they advertise something as being standard, yet not supply it. I would bet the "mechnism" is there, as it becomes expensive in production to make more than one line, I bet it just hasnt got the "switch" on the end that the LTX has. That being the case, shouldn't be too difficult for the dealer to fit a "switch" to make it work... under warranty that it...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi RAFMAN. I got caught for ages trying to feed another 5 cd's into the slot without success. Not only had I got a single only cd player, but I had the wrong Drivers Manual as well!! I think it was an LTX manual.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,

My LTZ (Jan 2011), does not have chilled glove box, checked with the dealer and says they no longer come with this feature and it can not be retro fitted??

My car is in on next week for problems with the A/C so they are gonna double check if they fit it, will let you know.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a look underneath and there is no pipe going into it. I cant understand why they would not fit it if everythting is there, its only a matter of a peice of pipe and a plastic switch. I would be interested to know where the pipe is meant to join up to the blower unit as im sure the outlet is there but just blocked. Anyone with an LTX if you just remove the 2 screws underneath the glove box that part of the lining just comes away and then you should be able to follow the pipe back to the blower, any pics would be appreciated
ta!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Jegrugby,

What makes the CD issue confusing is the manual shows the insert cd switch as being active when in fact it is disabled in the LTZ. Mind you the last car that I had with a multiple cd player was my mondeo which took 6 cd's then refused to let me have them back (Sorted under warranty). My Merc only had a single unit and I use the USB port with a stick and the MP3 player which works well on the LTZ.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It's 6 screws to remove the glove box, 3 top, 3 bottom as I had mine out when I fitted my hands free kit. There is no pipe or trunking as I recall, as the heater blower sits directly behind the glovebox and blows directly in. I wouldn't have thought it would have taken much to get it working. I'll have a look at the manual and see if there is anything useful that I can post.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks bigiainw, I have a feeling the dealer is just gonna say no, so any help you could give on what is needed would be good cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts