Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this sent through if anyone would like to / could help:

We are currently working with police on a case which requires a navy (or could use black) Chevrolet Cruz saloon for a filming reconstruction and I wonder whether one of your members may have one that we could borrow for filming on the night of Wednesday 18th April.

We would need to film the car parked in two locations

1) On a residential street in Chislehurst
2) On a lane in Chislehurst.

Police officers will be with us at all times during filming and we would make sure the cars' number plates are covered as we do not want to identify that specific car. The vehicle would be covered by our insurance policy and it is likely a police officer would collect and return the car to you.

We are on tight budgets here but could offer a small fee to cover the inconvenience and make sure the car is filled up with fuel on its return. Obviously the car would need to be sourced from the London/SE England area.

I'd be grateful if you could give me a call on the number below when you can to discuss further.

Please feel free to post this request on your site with my email contact [email protected]

Thank you for your time,

Ali

Ali Kedge- Researcher Crimewatch

Room 4001
4th Floor
BBC Broadcasting House
Llantrisant Road
Cardiff CF5 2YQ

[email protected]
Office: 02920 322 995

·
Registered
380 Posts
would have thought that chevrolet would be only too pleased to help, sfter all the cars are a steal on the used market..................

·
Registered
82 Posts
Chevrolet are totally lacking in any commonsense,their marketing is abysmal. Any other car with looks and performance , space of the CRUZE costs almost twice as much, yet they can not give the cars away. Evans Halshaw tell me the only Cruse they can sell are to people on motability.

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
There may still be time for Chevrolet to 'come to the party' on this one. Have to agree however that having just come to UK from Oz where the Cruze is a good seller through GM Holden, here in the UKthe Cruze seems to be an under estimated vehicle. You're right, prices and specare good, my contact can offer me a 2Ltr VCDi Auto with Executive pack on the road delivered to my door for £16,600 or a 1.6 Hatch for £13,000. Maybe the revamping of UKChevrolet dealer network has unsteadiedpotential buyers?

Aussie Ed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
You only have to look on the usual used car websites to see the cruze and aveo at silly prices 1 to 2 years old, same for the lacetti when it was on sale, and the biggest laugh of all was the panic sale of the final stocks of epicas, and all said and done the epica was the last of the rebadged daewoos as the lacetti and previous aveo, but i got the epica £5740 + vat with an on the road price of £7021 for a car (2009/09 plate that was as new, (and that was discounted by £3200 by the dealer in the time it was on their forecourt)and the aveo, 7 months old (1.4 lt 2009 09 plate for £6399 on the road instead of the ludicrous nearly £10500 new. I like the epica a lot, but it is not yet a certainty that i will buy another chevrolet, but thereis no way i will pay the "new" on the road list prices for either the new cruze or the new aveo, They'll pop up on the cae-supermarket websites soon enough!

·
Registered
82 Posts
The latest CRUZE Hatchback 2.0 Diesel LTZ auto 163 bhp can be bought brand new for £14850 , I can get £8K for my 2 year old saloon version. However I am waiting until tyre pressure monitor, day notice lights become mandatory . As I still have another year of free service & warranty I may keep my car until next year, the longest I have ever kept a car.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm actually hesitating about changing the epica because it cost so little, (although i would only get about £4300 for it now,) but it is actually so comfortable and very good on the motorways, especially since i put the michelin energy tyres on! If I buy a 11 or 61 plate 1.6 cruze it'll still cost 5K to change for worse fuel consumption, (i'm not sure i want another diesel) so i am still debating whether to pay for the extended warranty after july, which is about £650 for the 2 extra years. I am waiting for our new dealer to tell me what is not covered and if it is transferable if i sell the car.
Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quite frankly I was not aware of the Epica if it has a DPF I would get rid of it because Chevrolet with extended warranties do not warranty the DPF.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes, the epica certainly has a dpf, but (touch wood) so far no issues, except once the light came on, so dropped a gear, upped the revs and carried on driving till the light went out, otherwise "change oil now" text came up on the instrument pack so did just that, 5000 miles after the previous service, but maybe the service light had not been reset, but did it anyway to be sure. With the ever increasing complexity of the diesel engines I feel that there are going to be a lot of very unhappy people out there soon, read the honest john motoring forum, back room on his website and you will see a fair few issues.final point, NOBODY warrants their dpf' but at least chevrolet can do a forced regeneration for you at the dealership without it costing an arm and a leg....
The cruze is the only car that fits the bill for me sizewise and the saloon no longer available in petrol engines, I think, given the trips up and down the M4 i would like to try an aveo petrol for a 3 day test drive before commiting myself. Now try getting that from a dealer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts