Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm from Russia.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">I need some help from UK Cruze owners.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">Could some one please tell me the part number (code, article) of tail reverse light (left side of rear bumber).
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">It would be wonderful if you'll tell me where to buy it.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">P.S. wrote many letters to UK official dealers, but no answer from them(((

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Hi, Welcome to forum. I dont have a Cruse (Captiva owner) but may be able to search for you.
Please confirm the exact model and year (any other id useful) because there are various models of Cruse and dealer will need to know exactly to ensure compatability.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Hi Cruzetype, Appreciate feedback. My experience on parts even when 'it looks the same' is always to get the fullest model detail possible. The Cruze (like the Captiva) has gone throughsome cosmetic changes. The picture givenlooks to possibly be a showroom/display model (going by rego plate) and not necessarily the actual car. Info on year and model variantI would consider basic starting point to avoid a guessing game. The enquirer could possibly find the exact part number if looks it up on European Autocats data.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aussie Ed said:
Hi Cruzetype, Appreciate feedback. My experience on parts even when 'it looks the same' is always to get the fullest model detail possible. The Cruze (like the Captiva) has gone throughsome cosmetic changes. The picture givenlooks to possibly be a showroom/display model (going by rego plate) and not necessarily the actual car. Info on year and model variantI would consider basic starting point to avoid a guessing game. The enquirer could possibly find the exact part number if looks it up on European Autocats data.
Hi Aussie Ed. Thank you for your reply.
I've got Cruze Hatchback 2012, LS. In russian Cruze there is rear fog lamp in the left or the bumper.
In UK Cruze fog lamp is on the right.
So I need reverse light from UK Cruzethat is located in the left side of the bumper.

P.S. sorry for my english

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Andersen, Thanks for clarification. Give me a few days I will try to locate.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
My 'contact' has been on holiday. Apparently someone else was supposed to deal with it but didnt!!Chased again today.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Hi Andersen,
Finally got a response from my contacts contact. Now wants to know chassis number. I dont think it will help him in this instance because doubt he will have reference to a Russian reg vehicle, however if you can send it I will give it to him.
I have sent him the picture (again!) of what you want.
Ed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where can I find chassis number?and I think it will not help him. I need part number for UK Cruze.
it doesn't matter what Cruze i've got.
I appreciate your help Ed!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
UK spec left hand side back up lamp

I take it you are removing the fog lamp from your left hand drive vehicle and replacing it with another reverse light !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank youchev#1

Yep! That's exactly what I am planning to do.

Please tell me where I can buy it?
Edited by: andersen_756

·
Registered
66 Posts
Give the number to your local dealer? They should be able to order it for you.
A Google search of GM 95486700 throws up some interesting russian web sites, would they be able to supply?

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Hi Andersen,Finally got a reply of sorts but still no price given! Gosh some suppliers are hardwork to deal with!
For simplicity I have attached the email reply and maybe you can now continue contact direct. If that is a problem let me know and I will continue on your behalf. Do you have a means of submitting £ to the supplier ie Visa card or something they will accept? Let me know if problem and maybe I can sort something.
Let me know one way or another.
Aussie Ed

Sorry Andersen the Chevy 'paste' function (ctrl+v) will not paste the copy so herewith long hand.

Tell him you are the customer after the Cruze lamp refers to emails from Ed Smith.
His reply indicated that no stock in UK and will take about 10 days for availability.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aussie Ed, thanks for your help.I ordered left tail lamp in Russia (part number95486700). That's strange but this parts for right hand drive cars are available in our shops.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Okay, glad the solution has been found. If Russian dealers have parts 'in stock' then that is more than UK dealers - or Chevrolet - have!!
You might be able to supply us here because parts availability is really poor and seems to be Chevrolets achilles heel on customer service in UK.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aussie Ed said:
Chevrolets achilles heel on customer service in UK.
not only in UK. Many Russian GM cars owners saying that they will never buy GM cars again because of poor customer service.
Aussie Ed said:
If Russian dealers have parts 'in stock'
I ordered this part in the shop, not a dealer. I can try to search some parts if you have trouble purchasing them in UK. But it will take long time to ship it from Russia to UK. Russian post worksawful

P.S. I had car accident. Dealer delivered parts (front bumper, fog lamp, wheel, etc.) in 14 days.
this is a big luck. some people wait for parts for 2-3 month.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Just worked out what Chevrolets policy is; they expect us to buy two cars of same model - one to drive and the other to use as a 'donor' !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts