Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First picture of the CRUZE Hatchback shows it is fitted with Day Notice LED lights why are they not on the cars now available ? If you want a comfortable ride do not buy a Cruze Saloon should have watts link suspension like the better equipped US models. When are the enhancements coming as detailed on the new Station wagon .

·
Registered
380 Posts
Daylight running lights and other things will soon be mandatory, so expect the price of new cars to go up, get more complicated and have more electical/electronic problems as batteries won't cope and alternators will have to be uprated, wiring too to cope with the increased load on it, be very careful what you wish for. the equivalent astra is a lot more expensive at list ptice but you can get them pre-reg cheaper than a pre-reg cruze. if my instincts are right you may well see the suspension upgrade just as GM pull the plug on opel/vauxhall and go all out with chevrolet, cars which cost them a lot less to make.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Day notice lights first appeared on my 1976 Volvo GLE I owned three of these cars, no problems with electronics batteries or alternators. Best price I can find for a new Cruze Diesel auto Hatchback LTZ is £14850 are pre=reg ones cheaper ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cruze auto diesel Hatchback why are they being knocked out with over £5K off, revised model coming ? with better mpg , only get 27.8 mpg with my 2010 model

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
Yes - new Crusehatchmodel hitting dealers right now. More info on the connected Chevy link web pages and Cruse Blog. I cant see any mention of day rider lights though!
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please provide more details re the Cruze Hatchback hitting dealers right now. The UK version has a very poor specification. Only 6 Airbags, No knee protection, Bone shaking rear suspension. No tyre pressure monitor, very poor quality windscreen, No DRL, No powered foldback door mirrors a real crap spec Very high Insurance cost.What is the mpg from the 164 bhp diesel engine auto. My current saloon only gets 27.8 mpg overall, they can not give them away in the UK and I shall not be buying another one, launched as a Global car but different specs for each market. Goodbye Chevrolet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer says they know nothing as usual. The Ceed is one of the cars I am considering, I would never order a car without a test drive. The last time I did just that a VW Golf auto, I had to take it back for a refund it had such a lousy autobox. Another car I am considering is the new Toyota Yaris Hybrid for obvious reasons plus much easier to get in to my garage I have scratched both door mirrors on my Cruze and it is becoming more difficult to get out of the car as one gets older.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts