Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all.
I'm looking at buying a cycle carrier for my Captiva. Only really need it for the kids bikes.

Any suggestions people?

Foz

·
Registered
652 Posts
I use roof bars and carrier on them. Best in my opinion. I have a rear carrier that we use on the wifes corsa, but can be a pain in the butt when you want to get in and out of the boot.

One thing about carrying bikes on the roof of the Captiva though.... Dont forget how b!oody high it is

I bought my roof bars off ebay. They arent Thule, but are "silver" elipse ones, with locks, just like the Thule, just third of the price.

I have a set of Thule roof bars, and several sets of fixing feet for different cars, but it was getting more expensive to buy a new set of fixings than buy a complete set.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that. It's a fair point too.
Think I'll have a look at roof bars on ebay.

Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No tow bar yet either.

I've been offered a tailgate one to try. I'll give that a go and see how good it is before I buy.

Cheers for the help chaps

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know this is slightly off the subject, but when I take my eldest daughter cycling in the local country park, i put the second row seats down, and stick two mountain bikes in the back. I just can't bring myself to strap bikes to the outside of the car when i'm doing 70mph along a dual carriageway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts