Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is a Cruze not a Cruze, the UK Cruze is a Daewoo Lacetti sold in Korea badged as a Cruze. All warranty claims are submitted and come back on Daewoo [paper) The UK so-called Cruze has a very poor spec. compared to the US version, However unfortunately it seems that the US versions have many problems, e.g. catching fire, airbags not going off in a Collision. The UK version has no knee protection airbag and I shall not be buying another one, horrible ride, no DRL, No, TPMS, No powered foldback door mirrors, No space saver spare on latest model s. No more Lacettis for me. GM get knotted.

·
Registered
380 Posts
disbeliever, Obviously you are unhappy with your car, and you want something higher spec. That is entirely ok with me, and i suspect with lots of other people too. If you will get all the things you want on a ceed or anything else, ok. I still have the epica because it provides me with budget motoring at a budget price, and the current trade in offers i have are sensible, making my almost 2 years of ownership very good value. maybe the malibu would tempt you, but still no date on selling it here.
Anyway, Good luck and Happy motoring!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much did your Epica cost and how much is it worth now? My 2 yr 3 month old Cruze Lacetti 2.0 vcdi auto cost £14.5K with 3 yr free service now worth £8K Not keen on buying another GM car anyway Mallibu would probably be too large. Going to have a look & test drive in the forthcoming Toyota Yaris Hybrid slightly concerned over lack of acceleration compared with a 150 bhp turbo diesel 27.8 mpg compensation would be easier to get in & out of my Garage and 65 mpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disbeliever said:
How much did your Epica cost and how much is it worth now? My 2 yr 3 month old Cruze Lacetti 2.0 vcdi auto cost £14.5K with 3 yr free service now worth £8K Not keen on buying another GM car anyway Mallibu would probably be too large. Going to have a look & test drive in the forthcoming Toyota Yaris Hybrid slightly concerned over lack of acceleration compared with a 150 bhp turbo diesel 27.8 mpg compensation would be easier to get in & out of my Garage and 65 mpg
I note that the Daewoo Epica is now a 7 year old banger, according to Auto Express has a comfortable ride but poor body control not suitable for UK market so probably worthless.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The epica cost me £7021 on the road in august 2010 with just 7000 miles on the clock. (IT IS AN 09 REG)it was an ex-chevrolet fleet car, and i can get £4250 for it trade here and have a taxi driver interested at £5000. I have done nearly 27000 miles in that time at an average of about 40mpg +/- 2mpg so not a bad return. If i sell it i sell it, if i keep it till whenever i buy another car that's ok too! the next car may well be bought in a similiar way. I am not a badge snob, main wants from a car are big enough for my 6' 2" and 100 kilos. everything else is immaterial. i was NOT having a pop at you, but if you are so unhappy, there is nowt i can do about that. finally, the handling is far better on michelin energy tyres, you can see my review on the honest john owners revues section.AGAIN ,HAPPY MOTORING!
PS, i don't care if it is the last of the daewoos, mechanically it's fine, remember how we used to laugh about the japanese cars. (I was a parts manager for rover and jaguar in a dealership and they definitely sold some carp!)
Actually quite like the optima/i40...

Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree you did get good value for a small outlay, seems its best to keep it until it falls apart. New cars are far too expensive but I do not like s/hand ones only had three out of 43 cars I have owned and the s/hand ones were all troublesome . Prefer to buy a new car with a 5 year warranty & a good discount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts