Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier in the week, with the help of my young daughter, I washed the car. Unfortunately she didn't know the meaning of ""˜lightly wash of the bubbles with the hose while I get some clean warm water', and when I came back she was firing water at the front of the car on full blast.
Anyway, we finished washing the car and all was well. However, yesterday I went to pop to the shops and when I started the ignition the following lights were lit on the dash
<UL>
<LI>
<DIV style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal>DCS Active Indicator
</LI>
<LI>
<DIV style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal>ESC active and warning lamp
</LI>
<LI>
<DIV style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal>ESC off indicator
</LI>
<LI>
<DIV style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal>ABS warning lamp
</LI>
<LI>
<DIV style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal>AWD warning lamp
</LI>[/list]
I couldn't believe that there was a problem with all of these at the same time. Especially seeing as it was reporting that ESC was ON and that ESC was OFF. So thought that maybe water had got into the computer or that ice had formed on the sensors/electrics that illuminate these (from the over zealous rinsing of the car). Anyway, I decided to carry on with my journey and once the engine was warm, about 10 to 15 mins, the lights switched off. So I thought my theory may be right and the heat from the engine had cleared the sensors. I did my shopping and when I got back into car the lights were off.
However, I used the car again tonight, after more snow and freezing temperatures, and the same lights are on again. This time I didn't go far enough to get the engine as warm, and don't fancy going far as the roads are pretty icy round here.
Anyway, do you think my theory is right? Or do you think there is a genuine problem? With more snow and freezing temperatures forecast, and with no long drives planned, it will be a long time before I can prove my theory right or wrong, so grateful for any views.

Thanks

·
Registered
997 Posts
There ia a small fuse box right in the middle of the bonnet at the front, just behind the locking mechanism- my guess is that it's been full of water. I would take the top off and blast it with a hairdryer for a few minutes and see if that helps, like wise with the big fuse box underneath the bonnet, next to the battery.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply bigianw. Before seeing it I was doing some googling and found someonewho hadthe same problem. Turns out that it is the sensor and was easily fixed under warranty. So, I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow.By the way I did check the fuse boxes and they were fine - bone dry. So reckon it is the sensor, maybe that has water in it. Anyway I will report back when I've spoken to them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was confirmed by dealer as a faulty sensor. Now replaced and working as normal.
Hope that's my one and only niggle!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Do you know which sensor caused the fault? It might be a good thing to know for the future... Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems to be a fairly common fault that is emerging. Incidently, 2 of my mates had almost identical problems on their Ford S-Max and Ford Kuga.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I got the car back and the problem has been diagnosed but not yet fixed.
I'll have to take it in next week once the have the parts in.

Problem 1 - ABS and other warning lights on dash

passenger side rear ABS sensor fault - New one ordered.

Problem 2 - Tailgate not opening fully (banged my head on it more than once)

New struts on order

Problem 3 - Washer Jets not working fully

New pump on order

Problem 4 - Middle twin seat not folding

To be seen next week

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Out of interest, what year and model is yours Arshad?

How long you had it? Had any other problems?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts