Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table ="tableborder"="" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="10" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 14px; width: 968px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr ="msgoddtablerow"="" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td valign="top" ="msglinedevider"=""><div ="msg"="" style="width: 785px;">Hi all

We have a2013 Chevrolet Trax.
Thefanthat operates theheaterand air con has stopped working.
It has been intermittent for about 2 months, but has now stopped working.

Heat is still coming from the vents and cold air when the air-con is switched on.
I've done a bit of searching on google and think it maybe theBlowerfanmotorresistor ?

Has anyone else had this problem?
If so any input would be appreciated ?

Regards

Dave

</td></tr></t></table>

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
I've investigated your diagnosis and it would certainly appear to be the most likely cause..

<h3 style="-sizing: border-; line-height: 1.1; color: rgb51, 51, 51; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 10px;">Is the Fan Not Working in Your Car?</h3>Most vehicles today have one multi-speed fan that blows air through a series of ducts and vents based on the driver's selection. These different speeds are usually controlled through a set of resistors or small computer module which is controlled by the fan switch. The resistors or module get hot as they power the fan so, often times, they can burn out causing certain speeds of the fan in your car to stop working, the fan to get stuck at a certain speed, or the fan to stop blowing altogether. Since these resistors get hot, many car manufacturers will install them into the ventilation ducts of your car to keep them cool. Changing them can be as easy as removing two screws and one electrical connection and installing a new set of resistors or a new module which are available at your local parts store. Although each vehicle is a little bit different, these systems are often very similar so thisinstructional articlemay be helpful.
Unfortunately I dont know the location on the Trax. I'll see if I can find out.GSF Carparts list this resistor (scroll down the page on this link):-https://www.gsfcarparts.com/virtualcategory/index/secondlevel/cat/72/You will probably be asked to verify which variant of Trax to ensure the part suits the model (you have told us year but not the variant you have)

Edited by: Aussie Ed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like all my add-ons are back working this morning

I guess its a firefox screw up and they fixed it

Hope its stays working correctly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts