Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new hear and could do with some help. I've just drove to work and all of a sudden some warning lights pinged up on the dash they are ABS TC 4x4 and downhill decent icons. The car still felt ok no change or noise and its a 10 plate manual LT thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Dash Board lit up like a Christmas tree eh! I think the answer is....... 'Seasonal' Ho Ho Ho!
Sorry buddy couldnt help that!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sounds like a faulty or abad connection ABSsensor at one of the wheels,usually the root cause to those type of symptoms.[ but then again as Aussie ed said it is xmas ]

·
Registered
997 Posts
Funny (well not funny actually, but coincidental perhaps), same happened to me on Sunday. lights coming on and going off intermittently. Took off the wheels, expended a can of WD 40 at the abs sensors, inside the connections and all.
As a result have no WD40 and a dash that is still like Blackpool in October. I'm certain it's a sensor (first symptom was the car kicking itself out of cruise control), but have no idea which of the 4 it is. Time for a bit of electronic fault code reading. i suspect the front off side, but we shall see. Hope to get it in to a local chap tomorrow. I'll report back after. I will also be getting a quote from Chevy and Vauxhall for the sensor ( the antara, as most of us know, is identical, but the Vx parts are often cheaper). I'll let you know how I go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok chaps thanks for your help I've got it booked in to the dealers on Xmas eve do you think it's safe to drive in the meantime. It will only be to commute to & from work about 20 miles a day

·
Registered
997 Posts
Had mine diagnosed yesterday- n/s/r wheel bearing- the chap was able to show me the reading fluctuating between true and zero as the wheel rotated, so it's the magnetic reluctor ring build into the bearing- quite common on modern cars in general apparently. Only one price- £206 inc vat, whether it be Vx or Chevy. There are pattern parts out there, but following an issue with my previous Lagunas, I think I'll stick to genuine. It could be worse, as the bearing comes as a unit with a new hub, hub nut and abs sensor, so it doesn't seem just as bad (I'm just trying to convince myself). I've found one in Korea for $170US but can't seem to find a way of buying it! From the manual, it looks fairly easy tofit- once I have it, I'll let you know how if went.
Merry Christmas and bah humbug!

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks for that I've still got a couple of months warante so I supose it's gone at the right time. I will post my fault on Monday when it's been to the dealers cheers & have champion Xmas

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would guess its the ABS sensor too. I have a front nearside wheel bearing in need of replacement, it is noisy at 30mph+ but I get no warning lights so I assume my ABS sensor is still functional. Again, the wheel bearing and ABS sensor and hub all come as one unit, I plan to fit a new unit in the New Year. Mine is a Blazer LT

·
Registered
997 Posts
Barryat11 said:
I would guess its the ABS sensor too. I have a front nearside wheel bearing in need of replacement, it is noisy at 30mph+ but I get no warning lights so I assume my ABS sensor is still functional. Again, the wheel bearing and ABS sensor and hub all come as one unit, I plan to fit a new unit in the New Year. Mine is a Blazer LT
No, the sensor is still sensing- that's how the chap was able to show me this issue on his screen. As the wheel turned it was sensing then not, sensing then not etc. But as you say, it matters little as its all part of the package that gets replaced.

There is no noise from mine either- the bearing itself seems to be fine, it's the abs reluctor ring,which forms the outside of the bearing shell, that seems to be the problem, where tha magnets are located which are sensed by the sensor, or in my case, not.

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fletch said:
Hi I'm new hear and could do with some help. I've just drove to work and all of a sudden some warning lights pinged up on the dash they are ABS TC 4x4 and downhill decent icons. The car still felt ok no change or noise and its a 10 plate manual LT thanks

OK, I will try again, reply intended for FLETCH

<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-right-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-left-color: rgb204, 204, 204; : rgb255, 255, 255; width: 955px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; "><div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 807px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; : left; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">I would guess its the ABS sensor too. I have a front nearside wheel bearing in need of replacement, it is noisy at 30mph+ but I get no warning lights so I assume my ABS sensor is still functional. Again, the wheel bearing and ABS sensor and hub all come as one unit, I plan to fit a new unit in the New Year. Mine is a Blazer LT
</td></tr><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; "><td ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; "></td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep, I'm going through the same problem with the dashboard lit up with all the warning lights but I also have an intermittent rear wash/wiper and tyre niosefrom the front near side between 25-30mph. I had the car in for the warning lights 4 timeslast year and the dealer replaced as many parts as he could at my expense but basically didn't have a clue what was causing the faults but was trying to go through a process of elimination. Any ideas greatly appreciated as I have little faith in the dealer or Chevrolet in sorting the problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, if you check out my post on page 2 of forum (titled noise from front wheel) there is a discussion about damaged wheel bearings causing the noise you are hearing. My o/s/f wheel was making a knocking noise... You are right to worry about Chevy main dealer.... Mine diagnosed it (wrongly) as rear differential fault which would have cost me a lot of money. I took it to a local garage for second opinion. He replaced wheel Bearing unit (which should sort out your light problem on the dash at the same time, because of the reluctor ring within the unit.... Although This wasn't an extra issue with mine).
Anyway as soon as the part was changed, no more noise.
Have you had the wheel bearing replaced already as one of your 'process of eliminations'?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for that. I haven't had the bearing replaced yet as the local garage is now having a look at the car although their initial diagnosis was a faulty abs control unit from the diagnostic check. I also notice that the warning lights only come on with the ignition and not whilst I'm driving although if I've driven to work and then have to go out in the car again within an hour, they normally stay off when I turn the ignition. I'm now concerned there may be a link to a fault with the alternator although I'm not sure why that would only trip the warning lights.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts