Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 60 reg captiva Ltd, the atc screen which tells you about remaining fuel and all that keeps saying"checking date" it's been like that for about a month, any ideas please

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
That's interesting, mines been doing the same thing for past 3 weeks or so. I thought it was because I'd disconnected battery. I've checked the settings and date / time are listed okay.

Ed

·
Registered
227 Posts
Even more strange - I had my Cap serviced about a week and a half ago, and "Checking Date" is now constantly showing. It goes in for the new undertray fitting on 21st, so will raise it then.
Edited by: jegrugby

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, that's very strange, it's like they're not sending a signal out, but if you go onto the sat nav, and go into the bit where it shows you the satellite positioning, the dates is fine there! I've thought about pressing the upgrade in the settings, but I'm not sure if it will wipe everything:-/

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
TruckerAl said:
I've thought about pressing the upgrade in the settings, but I'm not sure if it will wipe everything:-/

Using the Upgrade function I believe is only applicable if you have the SD upgrade card. I'd be tempted to leave well alone !

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine is 2011 2.2D LTZ and having the same issue. Since came from 105.000km service the display is "checking the date".Dealer could not fix is but said it would be radio RDS- issue ...

Another fault:
Rhythmic banging can be heard when the engine is idling. This is known issue here and was said to be
" injectors wiring harness" problem.

Any advises to solve above faults ?

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Only common factor so far is two vehicles come back from Service (which may have involved battery disconnection in accordance with good practice) and mine where I recently disconnected battery.I would have thought that battery disconnection would have revealed this long before now thou'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has been doing this since 1st Jan.I was hoping it was a leap year thing, and that it would fix itself on 1st March, but no such luck....
My local dealer had it in, upgraded the Sat Nav, played with it for an hour or so, and couldn't fix it. They said there was 1 guy in the UK who may be able to fix this and they were going to get in touch with him, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Scouse-Mafia said:
Not having this issue yet...
Watching this, mine still showing date. Could this be down to the software license expiring...? Seems software needs updating on Chevvy SUV's is the US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2012 LTZ has the same problem. I'm not sure if it was from a service where the battery was disconnected or from a software update. But its annoying.I think a software downgrade is the answer.
I was messing around with the system as you can get into the WinCE environment by holding your finger in the bottom righthand corner of the screen while displaying main menu.
I was using a custom SD card to try use another type of navigation software and notice when this was running the date appeared ok. Once I reverted back to the original system the date went back to "Checking Date".
If someone could copy the system software from a working Captiva to a blanK SD that may help to solve this.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I think I can live with the loss of date (I know what day of the week it is most of the time
) and I'd prefer to have the rest of the system up to date rather than knock the system back.Just a personal preference. I agree however it can be irritating.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi All. Has anyone resolved the continuous display of "Checking Date" on their Driver Information Centre? My car is currently with the dealer, and they are awaiting Chevrolet Technical to get back to them on this item. Surely this is a known fault with a known cure as it has been around for 6+ months now?Cheers
JEGRugby

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
JEG, My service dealer was unable to resolve when last in for service (Feb 2016).Be interesting to see if your dealer finds an answer/solution.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts