Chevrolet Owners Club banner

121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you give me the full version firmware upgrade 2013, I also have a problem after upgrading.
I can't, this procedure can do in the official diller (i did ~2-3$ as the black cash).

·
Super Moderator
6,700 Posts
Nex, Your Sign-up is incomplete. Where in the World are you? Which year variant Captiva do you have?
As a new member please read up the following, complete missing info and repost.

Read this link:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have old data patch 02.02.2016 and it did help me as for you :)
But i have full firmware upgrade 2013 Europen version with Navi, HW and OS reflash (it did help me back to WinCE explorer again).
Hello, buddy, I have a problem because he installed this overlay. And now the navigation will start once and not once EU_SW Patch_GPS Date Time issue_Final_201918 "when I change to my Polish language, the screen goes black ... Where and from where I could download the old version from 02.02.2016 or 2013, it is best to return to the old system and so that you could enter the exploler. I would like to ask you to upload it here on the forum or email .. [email protected] Thank you in advance and I hope someone will help me ..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you very much for your help .. I hope it will go and my nave will be as always .. About which year is this patch 2013 or 2016 what did you send me ... You think he will help me ..

·
Registered
15 Posts
This patch is 02.2016
The date patch gon from 2016 years only.

·
Registered
14 Posts
And you haven't heard about this one .. I have now orig software / firmware from dealer 02-04.Apr.2013 no poem where you could download it ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, i have. The total size in rar format is 2.5GB. I did the image from the official diller SD card. But only for private use. Not for sale or public access to it.
If you have official diller on the nearest location, then yo can reflash the last software / firmware.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mate in it. There is a problem because when looking for sites and dealers, no one has such software ... No, because GM has withdrawn from it for some time ... You could not sell me such a card with the content to fix my problem ... Unless this one link what you gave me above is. Repair ...

·
Super Moderator
6,700 Posts
Rafi, Roltd is probably unaware that GM withdrew from Europe five years ago although Ukraine is still an active market for GM. Data may be different.

You have not completed your Sign-Up 'Location' and readers have no Signature Footer details about your vehicle.
Please read the attached link with helpful suggestions on completing your details.

The situation on any effective update or 'rescue' for the Captiva Sat Nav for European models has been a questionable issue since 2015 when the firm 'Here' had their contract withdrawn by GM.

This topic might end up hitting a brick wall. Again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello again ... I logged in to the forum thinking that someone would help me. I did not specify the location in this way, but it is definitely not necessary ... I will add that I am. From Poland .. My car is a Chevrolet Captiva from 2009 2l diesel and everyone knows what it looks like navigation ... My colleague "roltd" sent me an update. from the net 2.5 GB of navigation content. but I don't know how to upload it back inside ...
Will I get inside the navigation with such a cable to upload files that were original ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I upgraded my 2013 2.2L LTZ Captiva yesterday in the UK with the upgrade marked "EU_SW Patch_GPS Date Time issue_Final_201918". This worked great in the end. At first the system seemed to have a problem recognising that the card with the upload was present. It required a reboot with the card in situ using menu and trip pressed together. This brought the update screen up automatically. It updated the apps and OS. At first when rebooted after the update the dates were all over the place but as it found the satellites it now shows the correct date and time and the satnav shows the correct time to arrival. Thank you for posting this.

·
Super Moderator
6,700 Posts
Hello again ... I logged in to the forum thinking that someone would help me. I did not specify the location in this way, but it is definitely not necessary ... I will add that I am. From Poland .. My car is a Chevrolet Captiva from 2009 2l diesel and everyone knows what it looks like navigation ... My colleague "roltd" sent me an update. from the net 2.5 GB of navigation content. but I don't know how to upload it back inside ... View attachment 1592 View attachment 1593 Will I get inside the navigation with such a cable to upload files that were original ...

RaFi, You say "I logged in to the forum thinking that someone would help me."
We will when we can but you have to help us to do just that.

You are not understanding that 'Location' helps readers because GM made different variants of trim and equipment for different World markets. For example Australia will have different Satellite data to UK.
Similarly knowing the year / model is necessary because of changes between the Series 1 and Series 2 models.
By completing this information in the correct 'Location' section when originally joining enables Forum readers to mentally know where in the World you are and is a basic courtesy to the Forum World readers.

Similarly knowing the model year / variant data assists readers.
Entering this information in the content of a post as you have just done doesnt get carried over it simply becomes 'lost' in back pages. Readers are not going to start delving back through past entries because you didnt complete the information in the recommended area.
By adding your vehicle details to your Signature footer means that the vehicle information automatically appears under every post and Forum Members and even new readers joining the post partway through can instantly recognise the year / variant etc. Again this is a basic courtesy which avoids members having to guess. I sent you the Helpful guidance on how / why to complete sign-up and Vehicle data and you have chosen not to complete those sections.

This topic is now into 130+ entries, in addition there are numerous other similar posts with different titles of which the overall consensus is that the resolution is to remove the defunct GM unit and replace it with something new. Even that is not without its difficulties due to connection and wiring loom problems.

If as you indicate that you are unable to know how to load the data you have, then the possible answer is to go to your dealer or an auto electrician as members of this Forum may have exhausted offering you a solution.

The most helpful entry has just been by member Rhume (post#133) . He appears to have had success but do note that he is running a Series 2 unit which may be different to your Series 1.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello .... My friend rhume has successfully updated his nawi but I have this update EU_SW Patch_GPS Date Time issue_Final_201918 ". It caused problems in navigation because a black background pops up after clicking on my native language ... I have a question whether it would be possible to modify it somehow this patch so that I could reinstall it .... Because it installs without any problems and after clicking on my language everything would be correct .... instead of my language, patch could install to another language where there would be a similar problem after selecting this language ... I have already bought the right cable for communication with the computer, so maybe I will upload the entire content of the internal memory and it will work ... on my location but it is not on the websites ....this kabel...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
My nave looks like this in the car ...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, As was mentioned my car is the next generation after yours. I just updated directly from a SD card where I had put the update folder. I didn't have to change languages as it just remembered my previous choice. It sounds like you have a much more complicated problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have been using the Satnav now for a few weeks with the update and everything is still working fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello buddy, it works fine because you have a newer version in the car ... Mine is probably version 1 and you have 2 ... But I already have the original sotf for reinstalling Windows that was released by GM, now I will restore the missing files and it should be ok ...

·
Super Moderator
6,700 Posts
Rafi, Good Luck with the 'restore'.
Maybe it will work. There have been mixed results by other Forum members in the past.

Can I just remind you that by adding your vehicle details to your Signature footer enables Forum readers to identify your vehicle every post. It is a courtesy which I've mentioned twice before over the past month (see entry #134) and you have not responded. It is a simple addition because Topics like this one can run into several pages with dozens of posts. Members will not search back page after page to identify your vehicle so you potentially lose out on some replies.

121 - 140 of 159 Posts