Chevrolet Owners Club banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, I wanted to add my car to the descriptions but I don't know. Where is it ... Please have a hint ... I will try to restore let me know ...

·
Super Moderator
6,629 Posts
Rafi, I did provide a link with 'Helpful Guidance Using the Forum' in my post #130 which possibly you didnt open. That piece of information includes the following :-

Vehicle Model
The other vital piece of information is to tell us which vehicle you have and its variant. Over the life cycle of some models they 'morph' through several re-incarnations and the model made 10 years ago may have the same name but be totally different mechanically now.
The best place to put your vehicle details is in your 'Footer' (Signature in sign-up). This will then automatically appear under all your future posts without you having to repeat it over and over every time you Post. Including your vehicle info in the body of a single post does not get 'carried over' next time where as in the 'Footer/Signature' it will. Include model name, variant, year of build, engine type, gear box type, mileage. Things like Service history and how long you've owned the vehicle can help also.
If you havent included vehicle info on original Sign-Up you can do so by going to Your Avatar (located in a coloured box top right side of Header bar) click to open drop down list and select the cog shaped icon ‘Account Settings’ scroll to Edit Signature in the left hand drop down and add ‘Vehicle Details’.

The full link is here if you wish to read it :-

I hope this will help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I upgraded my 2013 2.2L LTZ Captiva yesterday in the UK with the upgrade marked "EU_SW Patch_GPS Date Time issue_Final_201918". This worked great in the end. At first the system seemed to have a problem recognising that the card with the upload was present. It required a reboot with the card in situ using menu and trip pressed together. This brought the update screen up automatically. It updated the apps and OS. At first when rebooted after the update the dates were all over the place but as it found the satellites it now shows the correct date and time and the satnav shows the correct time to arrival. Thank you for posting this.
I am doing mine today and currently sat in the car watching the circle thingy go round and round....
Just wondering how long I should let it do this...
I have put the upgrade folder with all the files within it on an SD card and navigated to System-Upgrade-selected the apps and OS-clicked on Upgrade and here I sit and wait...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello colleagues, .. I found a consideration of my problem with a damaged windows in the Chevrolet navigation ... that is, I bought a card that resets everything inside and re-uploads the original system itself with all content as it was done, maps and the system from 2013. like someone pops up an error in the system, muddies the navigation, etc., sniffs out some system file error or missing any card that I bought will help solve the problem, if necessary, write

Reactions: ches

·
Super Moderator
6,629 Posts
RaFi, Your post is really good news that you have located an SD card which has actually worked (y) At Last!
The interesting thing is that you mention this being effective up to the year 2013 which means hopefully this SD data will be suitable for both Series 1 and Series 2 Captiva models. (I'm trying to remember but I believe yours is a Series 1 - no data in your Footer - which really does help readers if you include it).
This may help member KBB who was experiencing difficulties about ten days ago. His model is a Series 2.

The one disappointing aspect is that the Road Mapping will be 7 years out of date and as far as I can establish there is no compatible current updating of the Roads data. I contacted the firm called 'Here' who did the mapping for GM and was informed by 'Here' that GM cancelled the mapping contract. At least to be able to have a useable Multimedia is a step forwards. The use of a separate Sat Nav from Garmin, Tom Tom or other brand can resolve the Navigation issue.

Well done and thanks for sharing the good news.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey buddy, yes, I have a card that restores all the navigation content ... This is soft from 2013 and maps from 2013 ... I had the last maps somewhere from 2016 or 2015, which was enough to replace when installing the system again and it would be ok. .. I will add that it is not worth adding many new maps because the device is very weak in hardware and after some time. Sometimes the process overheats and you have to do rebaling and this is an expensive repair, but I have a repair service for me that does it .. My captiva is a series of 1 car from 2009 2 liter diesel .. In the footer I cannot add a description because I do not know how. .. But I'm still looking ..

·
Super Moderator
6,629 Posts
My captiva is a series of 1 car from 2009 2 liter diesel .. In the footer I cannot add a description because I do not know how. .. But I'm still looking ..
RaFi,
I provided the information on how to create Signature Footer (along with other helpful information) in my earlier posts to you #142 and in post #130 so I dont understand why you say you dont know how to when you've had it twice ! Maybe you are not scrolling down your screen far enough to read everything?
To assist you I attach below the full text of Helpful Guidance information. Open the link fully to read it all.

Hope this helps.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts