Chevrolet Owners Club banner
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Suprasport, The discussions in this Topic caption is just the tip of the iceberg.
Firstly when you say 'wont recognise the file or anything via the SD card', can you clarify what file is it you have on the SD card?
Have you acquired a card with the download patch mentioned in post #157?
There must be at least two dozen Topic captions (all slightly differently worded) with dozens of posts and discussions concerning problems with the DIC/Multimedia/SatNav.
It would appear that some forum members found a suitable download which offered some degree of recovery, whilst others hit a brickwall.

The Forum System has identified your World Location as UK although you didnt complete your location in your Sign-Up. If this is incorrect please correct it.
Also assists if you complete vehicle data in Signature Footer (helpful for subsequent posts).

Helpful info for new members on the following link :-
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
2013 facelift Captiva, white LTZ.. Mercedes S class 2010 3.2..... 1995 Supra 3.0 na targa
3 Posts
Hi, yes ive read loads and its like going around in a circles.
Its the 2019 final patch thats floating around that i have had on the sd card as well as mp3 files of different qualities and avi files, all of the above have been done on 4 different sd cards (micro and full sd) all formatted fat 32 from 32kbs to 64kbs every combination on each card, yet nothing recognised at all through the sd card but mp3 and avi on the same sd cards via a usb adapter worked fine in the usb port. I will update my profile after this but for the purpose of this post I have a 2013 facelift LTZ and yes im in the UK. Not to worried about updates but would like to rule out a faulty unit not reading its sd card slot. Thanks again :)(y)

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
The only suggestion I can offer on loading the patch is to follow the guidance given by Rhume in post #133. See if that works.
The down side to the overall DIC/Multimedia/SatNav is that there are no Sat Nav Road Data updates because when GM Chevrolet pulled out of UK in 2015 they also cancelled the Road Mapping contract with 'Here' who were the Mapping providers. That, combined with never ending problems of not being able to connect or play other media and phone links, has resulted in many Captiva owners changing the entire DIC. (Totally different Topic of which there are 'book fulls' of reading and not all of those being successful either !)
Good Luck.

·
Registered
2013 facelift Captiva, white LTZ.. Mercedes S class 2010 3.2..... 1995 Supra 3.0 na targa
3 Posts
many Captiva owners changing the entire DIC. (Totally different Topic of which there are 'book fulls' of reading and not all of those being successful either !)
Good Luck.
Thank you, I will look into that I think but was hoping to avoid losing heater control etc.. but its not the end of the world. Loving the tesla screen haha

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone know why my 2013 captiva LTZ wont recognise the file or anything via the sd card actually I have formatted in fat32 used a 16gb sd upto a 32gb micro sd in an adapter. Hiope someone can help
View attachment 1784 View attachment 1785 thanks
maybe just try a different SD card? I had similar problem with the USB. Tried another drive and it worked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am doing mine today and currently sat in the car watching the circle thingy go round and round....
Just wondering how long I should let it do this...
I have put the upgrade folder with all the files within it on an SD card and navigated to System-Upgrade-selected the apps and OS-clicked on Upgrade and here I sit and wait...
Hi where can I purchase this update please

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. There is a download link few pages back.
I'm new to this group I've just purchased my 2 d chev captiva I remember this problem with the time of arrival on my last 09 model I now have the same problem on my 13 model 2.2 ltr ltz auto ' I can't find the link I'm terrible navigating these sites could you possible help me please 😇

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can I be sure that it is working properly following the link?? Actually I download many month ago and worked right till october 018.

Download Patch File

Thank you ever so much
Hi,

So quick update. I ve tried EU_SW Patch_GPS Date Time issue_Final_201918 last night and almost got a mini hear attack. I ve done everything according to the instructions. I waited patiently while the bar was not moving, etc. The thing was done and asked to take the SD card out, which I did. Everything seemed fine, the Chevrolet logo appeared and the system started to boot, but then... it crashed and started to reboot and then again and again. This went on for about 15 mins. I started to panic a bit :D, shut down the car and got off, locked it. The thing kept rebooting inside. My concern was that it will drain the battery if it keeps rebooting all night. I took of the + on the battery to try to restart the whole system. The thing kept crashing even after that. So my last resort was to try flashing the SD again. I did everything same as last time and and oh a miracle, the system booted and everything is fine :D

So for those of you who did not get it working the first time, dont freak out and just try again.

Btw on the boot screen I was not able to check "navigation" and "F/W" and updated just the apps and the OS. Any ideas about that? Not that i need the GPS, it sucks anyways.. View attachment 1671
[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Leefull, This is page 9 of this topic. You can find the previous pages by scrolling back. To do this you can use the boxes either at the top or bottom of the discussions.
Be mindful that not everyone has found the download successful apparently.

As a new Forum Member the following link will assist you with tips & guidance. In particular completing your Sign-Up World location (which you left blank) the Forum system believes you to be UK ? Full vehicle details in the Signature Footer is also extremely helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have been using the Satnav now for a few weeks with the update and everything is still working fine.

Please can you share your download as my car is Captiva 2010 model UK Manual diesel I've been going through forums all download links don't load so nothing to download.

My Sat Nav screen goes in a loop it resets a few times while driving or crashes, Won't let AC work so its annoying as it goes back to Chevrolet logo then back to trip then not long after displays a memory full but it has no media on their to take up the memory then loops again.

I need firmware as I can't find any & my firmware seems Corrupted.

Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
Chevrolet captiva 2010
5 Posts
Any one ever find a copy of the soft where to reinstall or custom soft were mine I think k is orignal thus is firmware am on am after custom or a copy of any to upgrade I no this is a long shot as 6 year old post but thanks
Product Gadget Gas Automotive design Multimedia

·
Registered
Chevrolet captiva 2010
5 Posts
I can, this patch is working fine. All is ok. You can upgrade without problem about 1 minutes.

But i revert to the last full system upgrade 2013 - i need the run of the third GPS soft from SD card.
This is last version of: Progorod, Navitel 9.10, 7Ways.
Hi do u no where this firmware can be downloaded thanks mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello again,

Thanks Aussie Ed for the info, I added a signature and also wrote my location. I hope it works. I haven't seen the updated signature on my previous post.

I managed to set the date so I don't get the annoying "Checking date" in the trip computer menu. Here are the steps:
1. Press Menu buton on the navigator.
2. Long press in the bottom right corner while in Main Menu and after 3-5 seconds release to enter Windows Explorer.
3. Go to Control Panel -> Date and time -> set the current date and time. Press Apply to save them.
4. Exit the Control Panel and return to Windows Explorer.
5. Reboot the device and check if the date in trip computer is correct. It should be :) .

Unfortunatelly this doesn't fix the GPS time, but I am working on this...

I hope this helps!
Hi I tried this and mine freezes

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Nikki, Post number 170 does say "Be mindful that not everyone has found the download successful apparently. "
You should bear in mind that posts on this topic are discussing different vehicle Series which may well impact on suitability as may the world hemisphere.
We know nothing about your vehicle because you have failed to complete the vehicle model/year sections and left your world location blank (although the Forum system believes you may be in Australia?). How to complete your Sign-Up is in the following link :-
Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oooh thank you! Didnt know that. I always thought it is the positive. Well. i guess i did not burn anything. Btw the OS is now very smooth and doesnt lag. Before it could think for about 5 seconds each time i press any button, which drove me nuts.
Do you know where can I download this update so I could manage this by myself? I was searching the whole internet and didn't find anything... Could you please advise? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Neostar, You say "Do you know where can I download this update so I could manage this by myself?"
Have you read the previous pages connected with this topic? There have been numerous links given previously as to downloads.
Read back and back .... there is reference to a download link in post #133, #150, #157, #169. There maybe others - it is up to you to read the information already given.
Bear in mind that sometimes internet links are deleted or expire. Also the downloads may be vehicle model/year specific....... which prompts me to say you have told Forum Members absolutely NOTHING about your vehicle and failed to complete your World Sign-Up location.

I provided this guidance to you in the Newbies section and you have ignored it ! Forum members are reluctant to waste time responding to someone who cannnot provide even the bare basics of their vehicle.
Read and action the Guidance in this link which I am now repeating for the second time.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts