font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

<!-->

Hi All,

Been reading the forum and have not come across this topic
(apologies if it is here) I am interested to hear from anyone who has had their
Captiva decatted and or EGR blanket off or know if this is possible for the Captiva.

I also have a Jaguar x-type and just experienced problem
with the EGR valve, the solution being clean it out and blank it off. Is this
possible for the Captiva and if so does anybody know of any blanking plates for
it. I have a 2007 2.0d 150bhp

Many Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
476 Posts
My first impressions are get the cat, EGR valve and possibly the DPF sorted out properly. You could be digging a deeper hole with rich mixture, less mpg, hotter running engine and remapping ECU. Unless you can find somebody that managed it successfully on a captiva. I don't think a Ive herd that, or I did it on a ? will do.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had my Lancer Evolution de-cated, remapped, stainless steel exhaust and induction air filter fitted. My car was a 260bhp by doing the above I managed to get it up to 370bhp this was verified on a rolling road. MOTs were a problem due to the de-cat, I personally would never go down that route again. If you were to get a Captivato put out say 215bhp by re-mapping + 45bhp, induction air filter + 5bhp and exhaust + 15bhp, I would not like to drive it on standard brakes, or suspension. I know that a suspension is available, but is there one for the brakes.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I agree If you are going to tune a car start with brakes and suspension first. Manage better with what you have got, no good banging along and loosing it on the first bend.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Old thread I know but diesels here arent required tby law to have a cat on them...

evo 370 said:
I had my Lancer Evolution de-cated, remapped, stainless steel exhaust and induction air filter fitted. My car was a 260bhp by doing the above I managed to get it up to 370bhp this was verified on a rolling road. MOTs were a problem due to the de-cat, I personally would never go down that route again. If you were to get a Captivato put out say 215bhp by re-mapping + 45bhp, induction air filter + 5bhp and exhaust + 15bhp, I would not like to drive it on standard brakes, or suspension. I know that a suspension is available, but is there one for the brakes.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It is possible, the blanking plate for the saab 1.9 tid fits. You need the softward sorted first though and unless you want other issues, I would think a decat is a precursor. If you do it via the softward, the egr doesn't need blanking, it just stops working.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
bigiainw said:
It is possible, the blanking plate for the saab 1.9 tid fits. You need the softward sorted first though and unless you want other issues, I would think a decat is a precursor. If you do it via the softward, the egr doesn't need blanking, it just stops working.
So its possible to program the ECU?

Cant do that on a Mondeo, only a dealer can access the BIOS and even then, not to fiddle...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts