Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here we are it is now June 18th 25 days past Origional delivery date and again I called dealer only to be told that what I was told last month that the car had beenBuilt and was 'on sea' and will be in UK on June5th was all lies and that infact the car has not even been built and won't be built until December 2011 with Delivery late January early February 2012. To say I am annoyed is an understatement! I callec Chevrolet UK to be given the run around I eventually got a manager (after saying I was cancelling order) only to be told it was a parts issue! I don'tbelieve him as the dealer showedme their in house order system page forMay 24th and it showed a VIN number build time and date! I believe my order has been takenfor another customer..... Most likely a lease or Hire company but how do I prove it as dealer will now not show me the page (in fear of losing his job!!).
Should I Cancel? Itseemsthe only logicalthing to do!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi, is it an orlando that you cannot get, I wanted one in Feb spoke to the dealer and had one before the end of the week, so one week after ordering I was driving down the road taxed and insured.Not a bad car but there are a few issues I should have looked at, that might make me choose another model. consumption is one, sat nav for europe is another,and tow bar is a major issue.
The 5 year promise has too much small print.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Orlando LTZ Diesel Auto in Silver! No special equipment but was told it had to be built to order!

·
Registered
82 Posts
exactly the car I have with the 18inch wheels sat nav and leather. Not a bad car a bit restricted for an all round view but my other car is a fiat doblo so good view all round with that.Tomorrow I am taking it to Italy,and Croatia and back towing a caravan that will give it a good test, less than 4,000 on the clock at the moment

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was interested in the Chevrolet Orlando too but they couldn't get any diesel models in before December which I confirmed with Chevrolet myself. Was also offered £2000 discount If I wanted to get rid of the 5 year warranty as the dealer said it really doesn't cover a lot.
Ended up getting something totally different, a Chrysler Grand Voyager. Makes the Orlando seem very fuel efficient as only getting 37mpg but love the electric doors and bootwith the most room I have ever had. Kids also love the DVD player in the back.

I think the Orlando looks a great little family car, theyneed to get it advertised more as everyone who is into cars in work had never even heard of it, all the replys were "Chevrolet, they are crappy daewo cars".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Just ordered the Orlando LT diesel. I've been given a delivery date of 18th November - if I'm lucky. I don't reckon it will be until the end of the year.

I'm actually purchasing the vehicle via PCP through Arval. Therefore, I only get the standard 3 year warranty - which I must admit I'm a bit p**ed off about. Got a discount though, so I guess you can't have everything.

The one thing I do want is the rear passenger window and rear window privacy shades. These were selling for £55 each from Chevvybut I see they have now gone up to £75. That's £150 for the set which seems a bit steep !!

Might try to see if some other company (other than Chevrolet) sell a version of them.

Great car though. Really looking forward to getting it......even if no bugger I speak to has ever heard of it !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Loxy and welcome,Have you looked into having the tinted stick on stuff in the rear windows there is a company here in spain that does it, but like you say it is a bit pricey, all windows in the rear for 150 euros, looks good.

I checked on my warranty I asked the salesman is it free service with this five year warranty and he said I did not subscribe at the time of purchase to that scheme, so got the bog standard five year only.

Being out of the UK I forgot what the UK salesmen are like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts