Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
I cant start my orlando bcoz of code 136. What should i do?
First thing to do is fully complete your Sign-Up in the sections you left 'blank'. No world location or details of vehicle year / variant / engine etc.
How to do this is in the following link:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Next is to look in your Owners Handbook and establish what code 136 is applicable to, or use the Forum Search function to read previous discussions on Code 136. Also read the following existing discussion :- Code 136 Normally this is associated with the reverse parking sensors.
How to test these is also discussed in the Forum.

A bit of reading might enable you to resolve this fairly easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cant start my orlando bcoz of code 136. What should i do?
According to obd-codes.com:

A code P0136 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
  • Faulty O2 sensor leak in exhaust close to O2 sensor
  • Short to voltage on O2 signal circuit
  • Open in circuit resistance caused by corrosion in connector.

• Replace the second oxygen sensor on bank 1
  • Repair open or short in signal circuit
  • Clean corrosion from connector
According to the internet, code P0136 is universal and most of the times it's the O2 sensor.
Here's a video on how to replace that sensor:

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
Panos, Be careful here with your answer / recommendation.
The original poster Arjay did not (I believe) post about diagnostic code P0136.
I believe he is commenting about the onboard visual dash display which provides driver information via a series of codes.

Possibly Arjay will respond and clarify which code description he means so as to avoid further confusion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Panos, Be careful here with your answer / recommendation.
Yes, you are right, I should have clarified in the beginning of my message that my post is from what I've found on the internet. Thanks for the heads up.

Possibly Arjay will respond and clarify which code description he means so as to avoid further confusion.
Most of the posts are hit and run, aren't they?

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
Panos, Your comment "Most of the posts are hit and run, aren't they? " is unfortunately the day to day situation now.
The majority of posts are now by those who want someone else to do the leg work and button pressing for them.
All Chevrolet owners have the same task of exploring where to obtain parts or looking up a solution. (the Forum Back Index is a valuable resource).
The other disappointing aspect is that few 'members' post a closing conclusion or solution which could help others.
There is a very small minority of long standing core contributors who endeavour to provide support.

Reactions: Panos
1 - 6 of 6 Posts