Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a manual with diagnostic codes, I have two stored codes P2084 and P20E2. I have codes starting with P0 and P1 but not P2, the scan tool does not know them either so they are a captiva thing, cars running fine but will have a trip to dealers to see what they say if nobody has the code answer.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi,
the p2084 code relates to the intake air control circuit. If you're reading the codes without the engine running, I would presume that this is a false positive, as there will be no intake of air. The manual doean't have the other code, although there are similar codes (they are grouped throughout) it would seem to relate to the injector control circuit- again, probably a false positive.

Hope that helps.

Iain

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The codes where read while the engine was running and would not re-set, and the management light is staying on. The code reader has three sections of codes, no permanent trouble codes was showing clear but the two codes where staying up in stored codes and pending trouble codes. The codes came up while testing a 12v cool box,Ileft the engine on tickover so not to flatten the battery. Nothing to do with the cool box but it seams it did not like being left on tickover for half an hour?.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had another go with the code reader , Ian you could not find the P20E2 code because I belive now that it is a readers own code for a freeze frame stored of the fault. Anyway I brought up the fault codes again and tried again to remove but they still came back on, the next time I tried to remove them I turned off the engine while still connected and cancelled the codes and re-set. when I started the engine the fault codes and the management light had gone off. disconnected the reader and went for a run round stopping and starting the car a few times, everything OK now but will have to read up a bit more on the code readers distructions to get the full use out of it.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have heard of the cheaper code readers not fully closing their session and leaving latent issues behind, but I've never seen that myself with my trusty U308, but I do think that code readers are a bit hit and miss- my old laguna consistently came up with a glowplug fault, which apparently always shows up if the plugs heat and then you don't start the engine- luckily the chap I asked had a clue so I didn't spend money on nothing....
... which is a first in my experience!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the code reader was reading OK just me not going through the right procedure to cancel the codes, there had been some sort of hicup to bring the management light on, anyway all OK now and no beer tokens spent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts