Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Aveo 2011+ sedan (T300)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have got 2012 Aveo sedan '11+ (T300) and I have read in the manual, that there is Average consumption and Range of what's left in the tank, but there appear to be none of it. Is it a feature of every car or just about right equipment?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't know what country you are from, but on European spec Aveo's, the DIC only features on LS models and above. On lower spec models the DIC LCD is fitted, (it is the same LCD as the miles/trip counter) but is is obscured by the use of a different overlay. Presumably this is because the external temperature sensor is not fitted either. There is an article on www.aveoforum.com describing how to modify the panel and add a switch to allow the DIC to show, But it was not worth the bother for me.

·
Registered
Aveo 2011+ sedan (T300)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what country you are from, but on European spec Aveo's, the DIC only features on LS models and above. On lower spec models the DIC LCD is fitted, (it is the same LCD as the miles/trip counter) but is is obscured by the use of a different overlay. Presumably this is because the external temperature sensor is not fitted either. There is an article on www.aveoforum.com describing how to modify the panel and add a switch to allow the DIC to show, But it was not worth the bother for me.

I have got newer model T300 so it should be featured right?

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
Pepiano, Not necessarily. The interior fitments can vary. Your owners handbook tells you this; that there may be instrument cluster type 'A' or type 'B'.
The functions are accessed by scrolling through the options. Accessing Options can be either by operating the (small) Menu button which is on the side of the stalk, or if you dont have the menu select button on the stalk you may have a projecting button on the face of the display (this has lesser functions).
You need to go back and read the Owners Manual in the section captioned 'Instruments & Controls'

Member Metro has noted that you didnt complete your World Location in your Sign-Up. The Forum system believes you to be in the Czech Republic. You need to confirm and complete this (see the Guidance info link attached below).

The answer you need is traceable by re-reading your Owners Handbook and identifying which instrument cluster you have ie 'A' or 'B' and then find the menu button location.

Helpful tips on completing your World location and how to add your full vehicle data info in your Signature Footer will be found in the following link:-

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sorry, no idea, I know nothing about T300 models.

·
Registered
Aveo 2011+ sedan (T300)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read now that i have type B DIC so I can't see MPG and so...sorry for bothering, it's just me being stupid...thanks Aussie Ed for pointing it out

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
I've read now that i have type B DIC so I can't see MPG and so...sorry for bothering, it's just me being stupid...thanks Aussie Ed for pointing it out
Pepiano, I appreciate you replying and acknowledging which DIC layout you have. Dont be disappointed. Experience shows that the MPG in the DIC is invariably 'wrong'. The most reliable means of calculating is to note mileage on your fuel receipts and work out between fill-ups. The important thing is that you remain save in your vehicle.
Safe & Happy motoring.

·
Registered
330 Posts
No problem. You will have to use the old method. Put your hand out of the window to see if it is cold, count how many Km you do between fill ups, and fill up when the red light comes on :geek::geek:.Ed beat me to it!

Please stay on the forum though, we don't have many T300 users on here, so your input could be useful.

It has never bothered me, because running on gas the numbers would be meaningless. I just set the trip counter each time I fill up, and know that I get 190 miles ( 305 Km) to a (gas) tank, and that I need 10 litres of petrol per year for starting.
There is envy in the house though. My daughter's 208 has a bigger (gas) tank than I have, and a much lower fuel burn, so she gets 385 miles (620 Km) to a fill, which means she only ever fills up in Birmingham at 45p/litre, whereas the best I can do is 55.9p. :mad:

·
Registered
330 Posts
...Just to say that the DIC's on both of my Peugeot's is spectacularly accurate. Both were checked when new and proved accurate. If you drive until the range drops to 15 miles, it then disappears and is replaced by --- , If you then fill up, it is within a few litres of the stated capacity of the tank. It's not good practice though, in reality I always fill up between 30-80 miles range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts