Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
because i do lots of short runs everyday (apart from weekends )

my dpf light eventually comes on... so i have to go and give it a good run at 70mph, to burn the cr*p off!!

anyway, i have noticed that just before my dpf light comes on, the cars cooling fan seems to be running as i am driving, even thou the outside temperature is only 2 degrees!!!!..

so, the last couple of times that the fan has been running, i have purposly driven the car at 3000rpm in a low gear (3rd ),which means that the engine is working harder, so it helps burn off the cr*p, and more importantly, i dont have to go and drive it for 20mins at 70mph useing all my very expensive fuel up....

has anyone else had there fan cutting in, when it shouldnt?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Right two part answer, first the cooling fan will come if the air con is running, demisting in winter for example the radiators are one in front of the other and use the same fan. the other point regarding your light it should not keep coming on. first thing is regarding the dpf it should try to passive regenerate first if not successful itwill try and active regenerate if that does not work after several attempts and the filter continues to block the light will come on. You then give the car a fast run to passive re-generate the filter, so I would get the pdf checked regarding active regeneration and the light coming on every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts