Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope you are all enjoying your orlandos like we are. I have spent 250 on a DTUK diesel tuning chip taking the bhp to just over 190, amazing. Not much can touch it at the lights and in 3rd through 5th the torque is phenomenal. Needless to say the mpg has crept up too, cos you barely tickle the throttle to get where you want.

If you fancy a thrill and have a couple of hundred to blow, get one. They take about 2 minutes to fit. Just thought I would share my experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So Turnbulltj, I'm intrigued, now that you've had your chip tuning gadget thingy from DTUK for a month what do you really think of it?
How bad is the fuel economy?
How much more fun is it to drive?
Did you do anything else to the car to improve performance?
And finally did it make much of a difference to your insurance?
Hope it's great.
Iain

·
Registered
997 Posts
I had the same chip for my Captiva. How do you check your mpg? The chip works by "fooling" the injectors, so it will go down on the trip computer, but if you calculate it, if mine was anything to go by, you're likely to be less impressed. I've gone the whole hog and had my DPF removed and the ecu remapped to suit and I have loads of power, no regens and improving mpg. Costs little more than the box and takes only a morning to do. That said, mine is out of warranty- I wouldn't have done it before.

Iain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts