Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from my post in the general message area, new discs and pads fitted at our new chevrolet dealer here in Carmarthen, price good, given small discount as FIRST chevrolet repair for them! (would have been more but parts ordered VOR.)Brake fluid replacement free, Just paid for fluid, £5.25 extra! also changed 1 number plate lamp bulb and only charged 73p for the bulb, no labour charge.
very surprised to get the car back washed as well!
The invoice was a very pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pads £49, 2 discs £124, fitting including brake fluid change £70+vat, but different pads to the cruze. national tyres would have been £181 all in inc vat, halfords £159 all in inc vat. Mr clutch £169.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SWMBO is a hospital doctor, (and is on-call ) pads were falling to pieces needed to get it done asap. As far as I am concerned it was a good deal, normal charge for brakefluid change is £39.99, National tyres would have been £29.99, but Howards gave me about £10 off the parts as they don't make much on vor and did the fluid change for free, so they are happy, and I am happy as I trust them, How much is trust worth when you know the job has been properly done and there is a chevrolet warranty on the parts and labour. I could have got pads and discs off e-bay and got them fitted locally, but my car is under warranty still, and at the end of the day, they got the parts for next day am when i ordered them at3.45pm, and POST FREE. I left the car with them and they gave me a free courtesy car.
so that if i needed to drive swmbo to work late at night, (no buses here)Looking at the whole picture changes it a bit.
Edited by: Oldroverboy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts