21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,390 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear "ADAM",

If every I get back to the UK on a visit I'll certainly head up to Spalding and buy you a Pint!

The Holden Captiva sold here in Oz was afflicted wiyh the same "Hidden Reset" and you have saved us!

Once agin ...Many Thanks all the way from Sydney!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

We are a Chevrolet dealer, WH Brand Ltd, and experience this all the time with Captiva's as we disconnect batteries on stock vehicles for security.
The easiest way around it is to connect the new/charged battery and then make sure all doors, bonnet, tailgate are closed. Then get both keys and press the locking button 4 times on each key (make sure you do both keys) followed by pressing the unlock button 4 times on each key. You should find all doors will be unlocked then.
It seems that after a flat or disconnected battery the keys and door locks get out od sync, but this always seems to sort it. On a very rare occasion I've had to do this twice but normally works first time.
Hope this gets you sorted.
I am in Zimbabwe and just had the exact same problem. I did what you said and it worked perfectly the first time. Thank you so much. My husband is six foot four and had to climb in through the boot because he didn't realize the key was in the remote! What a relief. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
im in sydney. my 10 year old captiva had same issue after the battery went flat and had it recharged. i did exactly what you said. press the lock button 4 times and unlock button 4 times and presto..it was magic!!! thanks. im very much satisfied and thankful.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts