Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 Diesel
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local garage has offered me to remove the DPF honeycomb and only leave the sensors. They said there is a 50/50 chance that the MIL light comes on but they are not sure and they can’t guarantee me anything. So my question is: Has anyone tried to remove the DPF without software delete? Is that a good idea? Does it stop the annoying automatic regenerations? My Captiva is a 2007 2.0 Diesel. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
7,992 Posts
There are numerous discussions on DPF which can be read by using the Forum Back Index Advance Search tool. [Go to three white dots top right of main header bar].
Typical post example here :- DPF removal review
It is unlikely that the DPF can be removed without remapping. It is a bit of a mine field topic.
Your vehicle testing may well be different to UK/Europe. In the UK the MOT test will be an automatic fail if it is identified that the DPF has been removed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The testing in my country is passed after a visual check only so the removal will not be a problem for sure. I want to try without software delete because in the region I live there are no workshops that are able to do a remap. That’s why I want to be sure that I’m not going to have any problems when I do so. My main problems with the DPF are the frequent automatic regenerations causing high mpg and oil contamination.

·
Super Moderator
7,992 Posts
"I want to be sure that I’m not going to have any problems when I do so."

I'm not sure that anyone on this Forum is going to be bold enough to give you the 'all clear' on that request.
There may well be suggestions but no guarantees.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the instant and detailed replies! I will try doing it without software delete and if it doesn’t solve the problems I will find some place that can turn it off. I am going to provide updates as soon as the car is ready!

·
Registered
972 Posts
The testing in my country is passed after a visual check only so the removal will not be a problem for sure. I want to try without software delete because in the region I live there are no workshops that are able to do a remap. That’s why I want to be sure that I’m not going to have any problems when I do so. My main problems with the DPF are the frequent automatic regenerations causing high mpg and oil contamination.
Strange because according to the official Bulgarian version:

WHAT IS INSPECTED DURING AN ANNUAL VEHICLE INSPECTION

During an AVI the overall condition of the vehicle is inspected, particularly the following:

- Vehicle identification (registration plates, documentation, VIN, etc.);

- Components of the braking system (functioning, condition, parking brake, ABS, etc.);

- Steering (mechanical condition, backlash, power steering, etc.);

- Driver visibility (field of vision, condition of windshields, mirrors, wipers, etc.);

- Lights, reflectors and electrical equipment (lights operation, gauges, taillights, turn signals, hazard lights, battery, etc.).

- Axles, wheels, tires and suspension (axles, condition of wheels, tires and suspension)

- Chassis and equipment related to the chassis (condition of the frame, cargo compartment, etc.).

- Other equipment (seat belts, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, horn, speedometer, etc.).

- Harmful environmental effects (noise, exhaust emissions, leaks)

·
Registered
24 Posts
The MIL will come on. The differential sensor is expecting to detect a certain pressure difference from before and after the DPF. With the empty 'box' you will have free flow, so no difference in before and after pressures, which is a system fail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts