Chevrolet Owners Club banner

DPF remove with no remap?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  mulletjocks 
There are numerous discussions on DPF which can be read by using the Forum Back Index Advance Search tool. [Go to three white dots top right of main header bar].
Typical post example here :- DPF removal review
It is unlikely that the DPF can be removed without remapping. It is a bit of a mine field topic.
Your vehicle testing may well be different to UK/Europe. In the UK the MOT test will be an automatic fail if it is identified that the DPF has been removed.

"I want to be sure that I’m not going to have any problems when I do so."

I'm not sure that anyone on this Forum is going to be bold enough to give you the 'all clear' on that request.
There may well be suggestions but no guarantees.

2.0 Turbo Diesel CG, Gutted CAT and DPF no remap, all fine for 5K kilometers.
It is not a question of whether it works okay but more an issue in many Countries this removal will be a 'Fail' on vehicle testing.
This is what members Victor and Corneda were pointing out.
You didnt complete your Sign-Up but the Forum system believes you may be in Australia. Emissions testing applies there I believe.

Understood, but the caveat is that in most Countries your 'success' will probably result in a 'Fail' at next test. It has however bought you some time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.